AMD Processor vs. XBox360 or PS3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LALA

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Don't forget that the PS2 had "Disc Read Errors" that had to be shipped back to the manufacturer for repairs after a while. Then what would you do? Initial post said if the PC breaks use the console.

Then the Xbox 360 overheating problems.

Eventually if u're a true gamer u'd have a PC and console. if PC breaks u'll fix it.. if console breaks u'll purchase a new one.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Don't forget that the PS2 had "Disc Read Errors" that had to be shipped back to the manufacturer for repairs after a while. Then what would you do? Initial post said if the PC breaks use the console.

Then the Xbox 360 overheating problems.

Eventually if u're a true gamer u'd have a PC and console. if PC breaks u'll fix it.. if console breaks u'll purchase a new one.

1.lol
2.yes
3.i've seen a water cooled xbox360 on hardocp

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
" a triangle lol look at parlee avatar he looks like an 8-bit nes charecter lol"

its actually from aqua teen hunger force, probably the 2nd funniest cartoon ever, aside from family guy

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
yes i do watch athf and family guy laugh my ass off all the time but i have never seen the mooninite episode i've seen alot of em lol and family guy man i laugh so much when i watch that you ever watch american dad? :lol:

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Xbox xbox 360 or ps2 ps3 all junk. See In a few years you have to buy a whole new xbox or ps.

Where computers I done dual joystick controls for games where On game have controlers in each hand. 7.1 surround sound. Play games with my brother or sister in the same room with no internet connection. Also computer is easy to upgrade. What can xbox 360 or ps3 do? collect dust. After a few years.

Another thing computers are better. The same games tend to have games cheaper and they upgrade easier with upgrades.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I think the only console first person shooter I've ever really enjoyed was Quake3 Arena for the Dreamcast. I remember PS2 had a Quake3 spin-off, but it wasn't online. :lol:

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
I think the only console first person shooter I've ever really enjoyed was Quake3 Arena for the Dreamcast. I remember PS2 had a Quake3 spin-off, but it wasn't online. :lol:
my brother had a dreamcast and the only game i liked on it was crazy taxi :D

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
crazy taxi is on the top of my list to :p , got about 10 good hours playing those mini games where you try to do all that different crazy stuff, like popping balloons and seeing how far you can jump.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Many believe Cell will never see the light of day outside the PS3.

I personally don't know what to believe. IBM is such a mess right now.

-mpjesse

That pretty much sums it up. The Cell CPU (if you can even call it a CPU) will be short lived in the PS3 and will meet an untimely fate of death along with Intel ;). Seriously though, the Cell is really behind in architecture design and ahead of it's time with 7 SPE's (cores).

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
but gaming on consoles is easier and more fun. You don't have the problems of CD Keys, NO-CD/DVD's Working, Game Patches
I have to call a flag on the game patches. First off, having bugs that can never be fixes is not exactly an improvement IMHO. But second, some console games are already starting to depend on hard drives and internet connections so that they can be patches. :O Not good. Not good at all. Once that trend starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. :(

Not to mention gaming w/ a controller is sometimes more sensational than with a keyboard
Which is still no advantage over a PC. I love my latest Logitech control pad. It's just like the PS2 pad, but for the PC, for those rare times when a controller really is better than a keyboard and gaming mouse. :D

but I do believe the First Person Shooter realm should remain on the PC.
Can't argue that any. The quickness of the mouse. The flexability of the keyboard. Macros. Macros. More macros. Patches. Mods. Resolution. Refresh rate. :lol: FPS are just meant to be a PC experience. :)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
yea well ur opinion on how i type means nothing to me because every1 else seems to read it fine
I wouldn't go that far. More like not many people feel like bothering to take the time to complain.

I mean, dude, seriously, is it really so hard to type a little better than that?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
but gaming on consoles is easier and more fun. You don't have the problems of CD Keys, NO-CD/DVD's Working, Game Patches
I have to call a flag on the game patches. First off, having bugs that can never be fixes is not exactly an improvement IMHO. But second, some console games are already starting to depend on hard drives and internet connections so that they can be patches. :O Not good. Not good at all. Once that trend starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. :(

Not to mention gaming w/ a controller is sometimes more sensational than with a keyboard
Which is still no advantage over a PC. I love my latest Logitech control pad. It's just like the PS2 pad, but for the PC, for those rare times when a controller really is better than a keyboard and gaming mouse. :D

but I do believe the First Person Shooter realm should remain on the PC.
Can't argue that any. The quickness of the mouse. The flexability of the keyboard. Macros. Macros. More macros. Patches. Mods. Resolution. Refresh rate. :lol: FPS are just meant to be a PC experience. :)

I said patches because if you've ever been to an unprepared LAN party, and everybody has different versions, and it takes a reinstall to fix it, than you can see the problem. Gaming with a controller on a PC still is not as good as a console, because most likely, you're not being able to play at highest graphic settings with smooth frame rates, unless you spent thousands on your rig.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
well since i normally type a long responce, and i am at work, yes its hard to type with correct gramer because i dont want my boss to see me on forums allday.. besides my point seems to get accross

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
well since i normally type a long responce, and i am at work, yes its hard to type with correct gramer because i dont want my boss to see me on forums allday.. besides my point seems to get accross

I think the purpose of work is to...oh I don't know...Work? o_O Not sure how grammer is affected by the situation, unless you lose 30 IQ points when your boss walks by "derr derr derrrrrrrrr".

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
well u see the thing is i get paid by the hour because im a teenager, and if i dont get everything done before i go then i could get fired, its less that my boss sees me and more that i actually finish what im supposed to, so most of the time i check my mail theres 4 or 5 posts to read so i type quickly, im sorry its so hard for u to read but if it is then do me a favor and dont read it and stop bitching, at least im hitting the right keys and most of my words are spelled correctly. like i said before this isnt a formal essay i dont feel the need to do all that shit when i get my point across just fine to everyone except u it seems.