AMD Questions Nvidia Kepler's DirectX 11.1 Support

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i think its just amd trying to get some publicity, im sure nvidia has everything ready or in the works

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I don't see much sense in the "don't buy Nvidia comment", if you want decent frame rates then you'll have to upgrade the GPU every 2-3 years anyway. Till then, you'd again decide what you want to buy based on the then performance and feature set.

Look at the 8800GT Ultra today, even if it supported DX11 and had 2GB of RAM, would you play BF3 with it @ 1080p using the ultra preset?

Today's cards will play today's games. Hell with the future proofing man, Far Cry 3 sucks the life out of both the 680 and the 7970 at ultra on 1080p, DX11.1 or DX11 is irrelevant.

Plus Nvidia supports features that are relevant to gaming, so what's the big deal?

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I don't see any point in it either. I just see it as marketing and targeting what one may think is the other companies' weakest link.

Iirc I don't recall seeing many, if any features relevant to gamers. Other than integrating S3D on the API level. Probably won't be a noticeable performance optimization for the targeted hardware. 11.1 seems more worthless than 10.1 and 10.1 really was worthless. The only thing that matters honestly with regards to API to me is DirectX 12 and the next OpenGL version.

Status
Not open for further replies.