News AMD quietly confirms worldwide launch for Ryzen 7 8700F, Ryzen 5 8400F — official specs revealed

After announcing them in China, AMD quietly added the Ryzen 7 8700F and Ryzen 5 8400F to its website and confirmed that both chips will be making a worldwide debut.

Wrong links. Those are for the previous G variants. These are the correct new AMD official links:

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/amd-ryzen-7-8700f.html

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/amd-ryzen-5-8400f.html

these new Zen 4 chips are built from recycled silicon that might have a defective graphics unit and/or NPU inside. This improves AMD's production efficiency and reduces excess waste which would be the case if it threw out every single APU it made with a bad GPU/NPU.

Not always necessary, as there might be other reasons for AMD to release these chips as well. And trust me there definitely is. Just because a chip lacks an integrated graphics, doesn't mean it was carved out from one of the "defective" dies.

Pricing is the only piece of information we are still missing.

That's because these are basically OEM partner SKUs, and for system integrators, hence there is no fixed MSRP, at least for now. I guess retailers will get these chips soon, and we might see them sell in trays, and in the DIY market after some time.

Initially, these two APUs won't be available through DIY retail channels and instead be limited to the OEM segment. This could also mean that we will see pre-built PCs come equipped with these chips.

Neither the 8700F and 8400F don't come with integrated graphics or an XDNA NPU.

But, one point to be noted is that although these chips lack an XDNA NPU, the 8700F CPU in particular can support Ryzen AI when paired with a compatible Radeon graphics card with AI acceleration.

AMD mentions 16 TOPS for this chip. So it appears that the NPU specifications are being carried over from the Non-F SKUs. The Ryzen 5 8400F is deprived of any NPU capabilities though.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023
Too many chips because of segmentation in the consumer market these days. I'm pretty sure these need to priced correctly if they need to be competitive assuming they hit the retail DIY segment, outside of OEM.

Reactions: artk2219
AMD has quietly added the Ryzen 7 8700F and Ryzen 5 8400F to its official website, featuring full specifications of both chips.

AMD quietly confirms worldwide launch for Ryzen 7 8700F, Ryzen 5 8400F — official specs revealed : Read more
Hopefully they can start getting some AM5 chips into the sub $150 market. I know thats mainly AM4's territory for now, but AM4 won't be around forever. I'm sure it'll make the attempt though, it's been an excellent socket for 7 years.

Jun 30, 2023
Hopefully they can start getting some AM5 chips into the sub $150 market. I know thats mainly AM4's territory for now, but AM4 won't be around forever. I'm sure it'll make the attempt though, it's been an excellent socket for 7 years.
Couldn't agree more though you are being too optimistic here. But if AMD goes that route with socket Am5 ,then that would be a killer.

😃

Reactions: artk2219