AMD Radeon HD 7770 Pics, Specs and Benchmarks Leaked

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]BeetlejuiceGr[/nom]Damn, so i am sticking to 5870 and will change at 8000 ati...in 1 year or more..[/citation]This is a budget card. What did you expect?? If you want a really big upgrade from your 5870 you're gonna have to pony up for a 79xx. Even if you wait for 8000 series, you'll STILL have to pony up.

karma831

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
The 5870 was the world's fastest single card not too long ago. I don't really understand why you people are expecting a card on the lower end to top its performance with a single die shrink.

schiwing

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]BeetlejuiceGr[/nom]Damn, so i am sticking to 5870 and will change at 8000 ati...in 1 year or more..[/citation]

I'll be sticking with my 5870 as well, but will definitely be looking at Nvidia when the time comes for upgrades. This is due in part because AMD has decided to not be competitive in their CPU department (making me feel skeptical on their GPU development) and also because folding is more dominant with any Nvidia GPU. Now don't get me wrong here, I have not had a problem in the past 10 years among the three companies (AMD/ATI, Intel, Nvidia) across various builds, but I also have no problem spending more for a better performing product.

G

Does it do double precision? I was pissed when that was removed moving from the 4770 to 5770/6770.

wulfthesaxon

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]I don't think they make the 7770 in AGP buddy.[/citation]

On the other hand, there’s a plain ol’ PCI edition of the GT 430.

Status
Not open for further replies.