Question AMD Radeon RX 580 issues?

Sep 28, 2020
I have a cheap, prebuilt pc that's for general use and light gaming. I understand it's not a gaming pc by any means, but it has always worked for my needs. The problem is that lately I have seen some issues when playing games yet nothing has changed on my end as far as settings, parts, etc.

Mostly, I notice that I can no longer multitask with say youtube videos or streams up on chrome while playing a game without some skipping and lag in the gameplay. I have no clue when it comes to solving these types of issues or tuning a pc, so does anyone have some advice on what I could do?

I never messed with gpu settings. Also, I did notice my pc randomly says there's a radeon update but when it sends me to the AMD Radeon Software app it says I'm up to date with it all. GPU and VRAM metrics on the app also jump like crazy....spike to 100, down to 0, all over the place. Thanks for any advice.

Sep 28, 2020
Yep, sorry about that. Here's the specs:

Dell Desktop i5676
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard: Dell OVYXHD
RAM: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 w/4GB GDDR5
HDD: Kingston 480gb SSD (OS on this one), Western Digital 1tb HDD
PSU: I'll have to check later on this.
Monitors: Acer SB220Q and Dell U2312HM

I listed the monitors incase that is playing a part in the issue. They have both been hooked up since day one without issue or lag, but as I researched more last night I was seeing some results about dual monitor setups causing issues with gameplay lag when the secondary was streaming video.

Let me know if I messed up on the specs or you need more details. Thanks.

EDIT
PSU: Dell D460AM-03 460W

Last edited: