AMD Releases Catalyst 12.9 Beta With Enduro Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Amd in charge of driver support :D!

Thumbs down storm incoming since angry amd owners but lets face it, amd has horrible driver support :D

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Amd in charge of driver support !Thumbs down storm incoming since angry amd owners but lets face it, amd has horrible driver support[/citation]

You must be one of those Nvidia fanboys. Don't forget to install the WHQL 196.75 drivers next time you want a blazing-fast GPU.

More recently, let's not forget how Nvidia had a lot of people who had stuttering problems caused by their 300 series drivers, severe underclocking caused by their 300 series drivers, and V-Sync not working because of them. Even more recently since those were fixed about two or three months after they showed up (so much for Nvidia always fixing things quickly) is how the 306.23 drivers seem to have slightly inferior overclocking stability to older driver versions as shown here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/371144-33-driver-problem

Unfortunately, driver issues are a problem for pretty much all companies that make drivers.

[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]You must be one of those Nvidia fanboys. Don't forget to install the WHQL 196.75 drivers next time you want a blazing-fast GPU.More recently, let's not forget how Nvidia had a lot of people who had stuttering problems caused by their 300 series drivers, severe underclocking caused by their 300 series drivers, and V-Sync not working because of them. Even more recently since those were fixed about two or three months after they showed up (so much for Nvidia always fixing things quickly) is how the 306.23 drivers seem to have slightly inferior overclocking stability to older driver versions as shown here:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] er-problemUnfortunately, driver issues are a problem for pretty much all companies that make drivers.[/citation]

Eh, been an AMD/ATI guy for years. No one around here likes to hear that the driver issues that plagued them back in the early and mid 2000s just isnt there anymore. Even mods here are very sensitive about what you say about it. Its quite humorous :) Anyhow, performance gains are always good. Gonna grab em and try em out.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]I don't understand how and why people keep saying AMD has horrible driver support. It has already been proven there is no substance to back up this claim. Saying it again and again proves nothing and doesn't make it true.[/citation]
Well last night i asked my friend as joke how is he handling his drivers. (he has 7950) and aparently the nwest drivers wont allow him to play skyrim on anything but low setting :D

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
amd drivers for videogames are fairly good with only a few glitchse

but outside of gameing, it can take them months to fix problems.

acdsee is a great program for this. as some drivers panning with the arrow keys isnt broke, some its unuseably broke... its why i never update drivers when they work

spp85

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I had been using Ati Radeon HD 5770 for more than Two and a half years and do a lot of gaming still don't faced any major driver problems. So those who blame AMD for driver problems are hardcore nVidia fanboys or nVidia sponsored people. Actual public will continue buying AMD's Radeons no matter what these people says.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

rdc85

Honorable
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]"including resolved Firefox corruptions in Crossfire mode. "Hope this includes cards such as the 4870x2.[/citation]

comfirmed fix with my 5770 x2... :D

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]spp85[/nom]I had been using Ati Radeon HD 5770 for more than Two and a half years and do a lot of gaming still don't faced any major driver problems. So those who blame AMD for driver problems are hardcore nVidia fanboys or nVidia sponsored people. Actual public will continue buying AMD's Radeons no matter what these people says.[/citation]
I second..

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]You do realize that The Witcher 2 flat out doesn't work with 7970 crossfire, Skyrim is less stable with 7970 CF than a single 7970, Max Payne 3 has occasional cutscene flickering, and several other games have poor scaling (for example Batman: AC), right?Being able to make your own profiles doesn't matter - the issue isn't that games aren't supported, the issue is that some games don't work well or don't work at all with CF.[/citation]

To be fair, doesn't Nvidia also have crap scaling in Skyrim and isn't Batman:AC a horribly coded game that is quite literally built to be biased towards Nvidia, yet still doesn't work too well with their cards either?

There's nothing wrong with mentioning Crossfire issues, but it'd cause less issues if you went into a little more detail and also said what SLI had problems with. Some of the supposed Crossfire issues seem to actually be game issues (such as Skyrim and Batmac:AC) and it doesn't seem fair to blame that on AMD.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Also, I fail to see the relevance of any article with such an outdated driver unless you're trying to prove things about old drives rather than current drivers. Can you explain it if I'm missing something?

I was turned away from ATI in the past with driver issues, came back during the HD6000 era and see no reason to leave again. The driver and support medium is fantastic now, not to mention the graphics cards themselves are true works of art.

I do a bit of media work and being able to use a 7000 series card to do what a Firepro or Quadro can do is great testiment to the adapatation and evolution of AMD's graphics devision. Right now there is absolutely no reason for me to go back to nvidia.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Amd in charge of driver support !Thumbs down storm incoming since angry amd owners but lets face it, amd has horrible driver support[/citation]

The only problem I face with AMD's drivers with the HD3200 IGP, HD7310 IGP and my HD6950 discrete GPU is that it does not produce 3D pron :p

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
ive bought amd every generation.. every generation came some sorta big issue that didnt get resolved for months. the recent mobile graphics fiasco which made enduro make you lose performance and amd said its everyones' but their responsibility until ppl started complaining. also they shipped two batches of bad mobile gpus, then theres naysayers who dont have the gpus saying its fine! its just enduro.. Its all these problems about amd has made me go green. Hey the grass is greener! and physx makes it move.

Im glad to hear those of you with enduro problems on laptops will still get some relief.

+1 to that. i have never had glitches with any nvidia drivers like i do now with ATI drivers. every time i start the computer cmd pops up and after remoting into the computer catalyist control centre will crash when i log back into it locally.

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Dude, this is the most beat dead horse around. Not only is it not true, but trolls like you conveniently overlook NVidia's CONSTANT stuttering problem and lack of driver support. Every release they say 'fixed' and it still stutters. Whereas, AMDs drivers for the 6900 and 7xxx series have been very solid. After 2+years it would make sense to STFU.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]+1 to that. i have never had glitches with any nvidia drivers like i do now with ATI drivers. every time i start the computer cmd pops up and after remoting into the computer catalyist control centre will crash when i log back into it locally.[/citation]

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/371144-33-driver-problem
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1741160&mpage=1#1746193
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GeForce-GTX690-GTX680-GTX670-V-Sync-Stuttering-Fix,15670.html
There were also very bad downclocking issues caused by the early Kepler drivers that could afffect all generations of Nvidia cards at the time, but mainly caused issues for people with overclocks. Nvidia has had a huge habit of releasing drivers that are less tolerant of overclocks than previous driver versions.

And although it's a little older, this is really the crown jewel of Nvidia's issues:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/nvidia-pulls-196-75-driver-amid-reports-its-frying-graphics-car/

Sure, not everyone is affected by all driver issues even when other people are with seemingly identical situations (excluding the issues, of course), but to say that Nvidia has any fewer problems than AMD would be completely incorrect. They tend to have different problems, so the same people that have issues with one card often don't have issues with another card from a different company when doing the same thing, but that doesn't stop other issues from existing just because you don't have them. Nvidia is no better than AMD, especially these days. Nvidia used to be better, but that's history.

Sometimes Nvidia responds faster than AMD for fixes and they probably do so more often than not, but that's their advantage in this case, not having superior drivers and even then, it's not always true. Nvidia has taken long times to fix things even recently too.

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]I don't understand how and why people keep saying AMD has horrible driver support. It has already been proven there is no substance to back up this claim. Saying it again and again proves nothing and doesn't make it true.[/citation]

Thank God people Here have some sense. I all but got kicked out of maximum PC for stating I have never had any driver issues with AMD.

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
[citation][nom]uglynerdman[/nom]ive bought amd every generation.. every generation came some sorta big issue that didnt get resolved for months. the recent mobile graphics fiasco which made enduro make you lose performance and amd said its everyones' but their responsibility until ppl started complaining. also they shipped two batches of bad mobile gpus, then theres naysayers who dont have the gpus saying its fine! its just enduro.. Its all these problems about amd has made me go green. Hey the grass is greener! and physx makes it move. Im glad to hear those of you with enduro problems on laptops will still get some relief.[/citation]

Lol @Phsyx. Physx has to be the most overhyped piece of tech ever. I actually went out and bought an Nvidia card and installed the hack for it. With the sole exception of mirrors edge, I would have to say it was a wasted investment. Had Nvidia not bought the tech, things might be different, but by closing off Physx they killed it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]spp85[/nom]I had been using Ati Radeon HD 5770 for more than Two and a half years and do a lot of gaming still don't faced any major driver problems. So those who blame AMD for driver problems are hardcore nVidia fanboys or nVidia sponsored people. Actual public will continue buying AMD's Radeons no matter what these people says.[/citation]

i have the same card, and depending on the driver acdsee is usable or unuseably broken
in gameing they are great, outside of gameing, nvidia has a better track record i believe for not breaking everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.