AMD Releases New Preview Driver for Battlefield 3, Rage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Installed them and still a lot stuttering is there. Maybe lowering the settings could help, but this can't be done at least for now. ID should have given us more video settings' options.

watchtower

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
My Rig: i7 950, 4 cores, 8GB Ram, HD4870 crossifirex
First I run RAGE with RAGE Update1 in crossfire with AMD driver 11.9, after cinematics I got a white screen and the game did not load. I disabled crossifre and was able to play the game but textures loaded whenever I turned around (most common issue reported in all other forums) I had stuttering and low FPS even at 1024x768. I uninstalled 11.9 driver and AMD profile (profiles do not work with this Preview driver, this is also clearly stated at AMD's official site). After a clean uninstallation I installed this preview driver. I can now run the game in crossfire mode at 1600x1200, maxed out, all problems dissolved. This is a must download if you want to run RAGE like butter:).

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]Awesome! Good to see performance enhancements for those of us still sporting 4000 series GPU's.[/citation]
Yea, but on RAGE, not BF3. I'm sure I can still play BF3 with my 4870, but I'm going to have to finally.. -gulp- turn down the graphics..

G

I wish my stupid Sapphire 5870 card would run windows 7 with any driver from 2011. Even on a fresh SP1 install it goes black screen and reboots mid driver install. What gives!!!

stormblade42

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
The game has been crashing on me in Campaign and Multiplayer modes. The game will freeze, BSOD will pop up for a second, and then my PC restarts. Running Windows 7 Home 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, ATI 6850 with the 11.9 Catalyst driver package, so maybe this might help.

G

Im having lots of issues with my HD 6870 ,on a phenom 2 x4 955....
Besides the normal lag from being in Argentina and connecting to USA servers, i have microstuttering when playing with the latest drivers....or older ones...
This preview 3 made ALL my games stutter now (they didn't before this update)...FIFA 12, BFBC2, and even older games like CS source, left 4 dead....

I gues the best is to wait for them to release new drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.