AMD Releases New Preview Driver for Battlefield 3, Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
I noticed that no AA didn't improve FPS for me. I hope to see a boost in FPS now.

I have a feeling that someone or maybe more than just 1 person will complain about BD not being released yet. Oct. 12 is the official release date (Microcenter confirmed it and has the CPUs in stock, but not for sale; TigerDirect had a few combos up with the BD CPUs, but were taken down because BD is not to be listed on any site yet).

G

Nice but i just got a mac book pro to update my pc from 5 years ago. Its faster and doesnt get viruses.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]asdfkjlkjqopij-lol[/nom]Nice but i just got a mac book pro to update my pc from 5 years ago. Its faster and doesnt get viruses.[/citation]
Fail consumer/troll is fail :p

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Still their drivers suck. I got CrossfireX HD6970 and in most cases i am running single card, cause of negative Crossfire performance in lot of games. I wish Tomshardware next time they do video card review point out real issues. Fifa 2012 -> broken, Dungeon Siege III -> broken, Homefront -> acts weird crossfirex works and it doesn't. F1 2011 -> broken. The thing is you can't make these games run ok unless you manually disable CrossfireX. HD6xxx or any ATI card in past was my worst purchase ever. I always think based on review that they got their shit together but reality is they are still pile of crap. Good hardware but software makes not worth a low end GTX240. It blows! Maybe sounds like rant but i am frustrated and pissed of things people get mislead. AMD/ATI joke company is still fixing some old games. Speaking of any new game...good luck getting it working propertly in the next 6 months. Just like i did with HD5870, these are going to garbage, i mean literally cause i don't want anyone else suffer.

Hello GTX580!

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]asdfkjlkjqopij-lol[/nom]Nice but i just got a mac book pro to update my pc from 5 years ago. Its faster and doesnt get viruses.[/citation]and cost you three times more than it should.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Still their drivers suck. I got CrossfireX HD6970 and in most cases i am running single card, cause of negative Crossfire performance in lot of games. I wish Tomshardware next time they do video card review point out real issues. Fifa 2012 -> broken, Dungeon Siege III -> broken, Homefront -> acts weird crossfirex works and it doesn't. F1 2011 -> broken. The thing is you can't make these games run ok unless you manually disable CrossfireX. HD6xxx or any ATI card in past was my worst purchase ever. I always think based on review that they got their shit together but reality is they are still pile of crap. Good hardware but software makes not worth a low end GTX240. It blows! Maybe sounds like rant but i am frustrated and pissed of things people get mislead. AMD/ATI joke company is still fixing some old games. Speaking of any new game...good luck getting it working propertly in the next 6 months. Just like i did with HD5870, these are going to garbage, i mean literally cause i don't want anyone else suffer. Hello GTX580![/citation]

I haven't had an issue with CrossFire at all. I bought a second HD 6750 for a mid-end gaming PC and it works fine for me. No issues at all, though I feel as though there are issues will installation (keep getting an error message since one program doesn't install; might already have it installed though). Be glad your paying for a new arch from the HD 5000 series to the HD 6000 series (though the drivers need bit of work). At least they didn't do what Nvidia did: rebrand their GTX 400 Thermi series to the GTX 500 series.

fightingslu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I'm curious to hear from any rage owners if this helped with the performance at all- seems like it would be a worthwhile game if it would run well

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]fightingslu[/nom]I'm curious to hear from any rage owners if this helped with the performance at all- seems like it would be a worthwhile game if it would run well[/citation]
Still runs like poo. Well okay, it runs well as long as it is running. Game frequently crashes for me though. I can't tell you if it is just a bug in the game, or if it is a driver issue, as it just quits with no error message.

Battlefield 3, on the other hand.... significantly better performance (5-10fps) over the previous preview driver.

Radeon HD 6870, by the way.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]BlackHawk91[/nom]*Me reading the title*:"AMD Releases New Preview...." YES,YES, YES "Driver for Battlefield 3, Rage" Fuuuuuuuuu[/citation]I was actually thinking the same thing.

G

Awesome! Good to see performance enhancements for those of us still sporting 4000 series GPU's.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]asdfkjlkjqopij-lol[/nom]Nice but i just got a mac book pro to update my pc from 5 years ago. Its faster and doesnt get viruses.[/citation]

And you obviously cant play crysis...
or wait, make that battlefield 3 now...
i somehow doubt you even get 30 fps on portal 2...

btw no viruses but it can get hacked "like a boss"...

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Direct X is used for these games, right? Why do they not follow the console model and have the Direct X API for PC video cards be standard across the board then the game would have to conform to the driver instead of this never ending custom driver crap.

toxin440

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
[citation][nom]reggieray[/nom]Direct X is used for these games, right? Why do they not follow the console model and have the Direct X API for PC video cards be standard across the board then the game would have to conform to the driver instead of this never ending custom driver crap.[/citation]

if you want uniform hardware and software go fire up your xbox or ps3 -- the strength of a PC environment is that you can run exactly what YOU want. If you don't like how slow it is... upgrade... if you aren't happy with the driver tweak and experiment with your own.

Why would a unified driver for competing companies exist in the first place? That's like saying all Ford and all chevy cars have to run on the same exact camshaft and same have the same ECU installed.

Why is there a strong movement in this country to dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator? All of our games are being made for the most dumb, the laziest, our political system caters to the uneducated greedy people, nobody ever wants to try and figure anything out on their own these days it seems.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]I haven't had an issue with CrossFire at all. I bought a second HD 6750 for a mid-end gaming PC and it works fine for me. No issues at all, though I feel as though there are issues will installation (keep getting an error message since one program doesn't install; might already have it installed though). Be glad your paying for a new arch from the HD 5000 series to the HD 6000 series (though the drivers need bit of work). At least they didn't do what Nvidia did: rebrand their GTX 400 Thermi series to the GTX 500 series.[/citation]

I've been getting the same error message for three versions now. When I looked at the log, I saw that the included C++ version failed the installation, turns out that I've installed a more recent version of the C++ and the program just says it failed. But everything is working flawlessly

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]BlackHawk91[/nom]*Me reading the title*:"AMD Releases New Preview...." YES,YES, YES "Driver for Battlefield 3, Rage" Fuuuuuuuuu[/citation]
I'm right there with you. This is getting painful....

Status
Not open for further replies.