[SOLVED] AMD RX 580 crashing 2 mins into game please help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

James Noscoper

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
174
6
10,615
5
So i've ran a benchmark with MSI RTSS on and GPU temp is max 75, usage 100% constantly wattage is 100w, cpu is temp 60 and usage 15% max wattage is 31w.
and for some reason it didn't crash this time. The only thing that is different is that I updated iQue by corsair and I don't that would have done anything.
And for the hdmi, I can test another one now but I'm not sure it would be that as both my monitors turn off, one is hdmi and on is hdmi with a displayport adapter on.
 

octans.sigma2

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
38
0
530
0
Ive had the similar problem as you do on the same gpu and it just disappeared after i took the gpu out , blew the dust out , changed cables and done a clear install of drivers .
 

James Noscoper

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
174
6
10,615
5
I’ve just put the new PSU in and benchmarked twice, first one passed, second did the crashing thing. So it’s not the PSU, but my idea is could it be the temperature? Is there an auto shut off point for my gpu when it’s gets over 75degrees? I do have two 120mm fans attached to my graphics card instead of the smaller ones for it but I’d doubt it would have any effect on the graphics card. Is my gpu just gone then??
 

James Noscoper

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
174
6
10,615
5
Tried a different slot and cleaned it and it still cuts out. It’s weird because i can still hear the sound from the benchmark which means it must still be playing in the background but the gpu is cutting the hdmi’s off
 

octans.sigma2

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
38
0
530
0
Read this thread and look if something might help you . The last reply seems interesting and you could try that .

 

Phaaze88

Champion
Ambassador
They(userbench) recently changed the gpu portion of their test, but your score is still within 10% of the average, so it's OK.

What does stick out to me though, is the 2 SSDs, but I don't think they're directly connected to the crashes.

[monologue]What else might be sticking out...
-Swapped psus, and a good one at that: no
-Tried different monitor cables: nope
-Ran DDU, installed gpu driver: nada
-Tried gpu in a different PCIe slot: zero
-Updated motherboard audio and lan drivers: zip
-Possible overheating: zilch

It would've helped a crap-ton if the bug report said WHAT DRIVER was causing the hiccups, because that's likely what's still bugging out!
[end monologue]

I've got some more ideas, but if they don't help, you're looking at reinstalling Windows.
And if THAT doesn't work, I'm 90% sure that's it hardware related; the other 10%, in my mind, is some software you're installing on your PC afterwards.

1)Scan system for viruses/malware.
Give Adwcleaner a go - it's a nice, free tool from Malwarebytes. It's pretty good at finding things that would otherwise slip past Defender and other AVs.

2)Follow the steps here.

3)Check the temperature and health of your storage drives, via Crystal Disk Info.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS