Question Amd rx6700xt not showing on task manager and no gpu z info

Blobwingz

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
Hello, I've being having this weird issue on my RX 6700 XT. Firstly it won't display BUT when I put my old Vega 56 in and check DDU it shows that it installed drivers for it so I think that it's ports are broken and might just use a igpu as a display out for it.

So I've tried it on my friend's pc with a RX 6600 to test that theory and more weird things showed up.

1.When we turn on the pc since it's a msi board it will light up the vga on its "ez dubug led's" when the dp cable is plugged in to the 6700xt but will be gone when it's plugged to the 6600
and will boot after that

2. It installed driver, but when I check on furmark/blender/task manager only the 6600 shows as an available GPU it cannot see the 6700xt

3. Upon checking with GPU-Z, some fields are unknown or have like 0 of something.

We've tried to flash it's vbios at the end of out troubleshooting but still nothing same issue
Anyone know what the issue is?

The PC I've tested it on has a:
-ryzen 5 2600
-MSI B350 Tomahawk
-16x2 3200MHZ RAM
-GPU AMD RX 6700XT/ SAPPHIRE RX 6600
-GIGABYTE P650B

Lutfij

Titan
Upon checking with GPU-Z, some fields are unknown or have like 0 of something.
You see 0(zero)'s there, the GPU's a goner! You can confirm this if you see an error code 43 in Device Manager.

Why do you have another GPU hooked up to your PSU when it's not part of the build?

Blobwingz

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
Upon checking with GPU-Z, some fields are unknown or have like 0 of something.
You see 0(zero)'s there, the GPU's a goner! You can confirm this if you see an error code 43 in Device Manager.

Why do you have another GPU hooked up to your PSU when it's not part of the build?
Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not code 43 and even when it does a simple disable/enable will remove that code 43

also that other gpu is for display out like I've said it won't display on the 6700xt soo we've used a 6600 on a riser as a display out

Last edited:
Hey there,

Have you tried cleaning the PCie slot out with compressed air. Some dust or lint may get in there and causes this very issue.

As above, have you 2 GPU's in the system?

Just to be clear the RX6600 works fine?

Are all system drivers, including chipset up to date? What bios are you running on the system?

Are you overlocking either the CPU or GPU?

Blobwingz

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
Hey there,

Have you tried cleaning the PCie slot out with compressed air. Some dust or lint may get in there and causes this very issue.

As above, have you 2 GPU's in the system?

Just to be clear the RX6600 works fine?

Are all system drivers, including chipset up to date? What bios are you running on the system?

Are you overlocking either the CPU or GPU?
Hey, yeah we've cleaned the pcie slot

And yeah 2 gpus in the system and the 6600 works greatly I'ma say

As for drivers there up to date but the bios I believe is old it cannot support Ryzen 4000 and above I think

And there's no overclocking on the system

But tomorrow I will test the 6700xt on a ASRock b450m steel legend system with a 5600G on it soo I'll update you guys tmrw what will happen