Mar 10, 2018
Hi Guys,
To get that out of the way these are my specs:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM:2x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400 4GB
MOBO:Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming
GPU:Asus GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
PSU:500W
So my problem is overclocking on the 2200G.I overclocked it to 3.8GHz@1.4V and ran AIDA64 system stability test and went on for 30 minitues without a problem.However when i tried to overclock it to 3.9GHz@1.4V which works great on some people i saw online the stability test reported a failure or completley froze the computer within the first minute and i had to restart.It did that multiple times.I have installed latest bios, tried different ram frequencies ranging from 2133MHz to 3200MHz which didn't make a difference and temps shouldn't have been the problem because every time it crashed or froze they were around 50 degrees Celsius.Also i have overcklocked the GPU +150 in the core and +200 in the memory.Does anybody know why is this happening?
Thanks

Hi,
Since voltage is already high, this is probably the max overclock for the CPU you have.
While other components could be source of the problem, the voltage is pretty limiting.
You would probably need higher mhz on the ram since ryzen benefits.

Mar 10, 2018

I have overclocked the RAM to 3200MHz@1.4V and i have seen plenty of people with this CPU overclock and not having problems.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
You didn't win the lottery, that's what it essentially comes down to. You've got a decent chip, not the best, so 3.8ghz is going to be your limit most likely. Every single chip is different, so every single overclock is going to be different.

Feb 3, 2019
As other people mentioned, silicone lottery. Also, if you have the option in your bios to change the LLC level, maybe try that. When I tried overlocking my Ryzen 1600 last year when I first got it, it was not able to push past 3.9Ghz at all, but I also never knew about LLC. When I read more on overclocking about a month ago I learned a few new things. I upped my LLC to medium and lo and behold, I'm at a steady 4.025Ghz now at 1.36v, when last year I couldn't push 3.9Ghz even at a higher voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.