AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Matisse CPUs Listed With Specs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sunny_40

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Intel cannot catch up now. its tooo late. Intel were lazy thought AMD will never catch up . Intel is probably shocked now and working overtime. It will take Intel 2 years to release something better than AMD . Intel should lower processor prices. lower than AMD LOL

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
lol, ever looked at the money involved (in any way) when it comes to intel and amd?
they can virtually give them 50% of the consumer market and it wont scratch intel.

Pretty much. Considering that margins in consumer markets are crap compared to HPC and server markets.

That and the fact that Intel is involved in most every part of computer systems. They make money from companies that don't even directly compete with them.

I'm pulling for AMD hard because more competing is good for me and good for all of us consumers. However everyone saying Intel is done for is really out of touch and has not payed attention to history. Sure AMD is about to lay waste to Intel from summer to the end of 2019. No doubt about that. Early 2020 expect a heavy response from Intel. Then expect a follow up with Intels 7nm EUV products which likely will beat even 5nm TSMC densities. Now is the time for AMD but make no mistake Intel will not be down for long they have way to much money and way to many great engineers that they will use to compensate for Intel's management lack of foresight in years past.

If Intels 10nm is what they wanted it to be it will beat TSMCs 10nm so I have no doubt their 7nm would beat TSMCs 5nm. However 5nm is still a ways out for everyone.