[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT - What would you recommend?

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I have a Corsair H60 water cooler but it doesn't sit well with the case (Sharkoon Pure Steel RGB) and the stock cooler isn't doing wonders (browsing temp is around 60º).
What would you recommend that can fit inside the case and perform well? If it is pretty, extra points, but it's not fundamental.

My mobo (Prime B450-Gaming/BR) only has 3 headers for fans, so I currently only have two working along with the stock cooler and it's not boding well for the CPU's future.

Solution
I can recommend Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B (must be Rev B for AMD) which should cost around US$48-50 -hard to find better cooler at this price. Of course, there are a lot good enough coolers for even less money. Anyway, generally speaking,I wouldn't look at something below $40 (if too cheap, there's always some catch hidden).

Before you decide, take a look at some reviews on Youtube and also make sure cooler is not too tall (so it will fit into your PC case).
I have a Corsair H60 water cooler but it doesn't sit well with the case (Sharkoon Pure Steel RGB) and the stock cooler isn't doing wonders (browsing temp is around 60º).
What would you recommend that can fit inside the case and perform well? If it is pretty, extra points, but it's not fundamental.

My mobo (Prime B450-Gaming/BR) only has 3 headers for fans, so I currently only have two working along with the stock cooler and it's not boding well for the CPU's future.
Ouch that sounds like improper seating/contact to the cpu. Maybe not enough thermal compound.

I have a Corsair H60 water cooler but it doesn't sit well with the case
-I don't understand what "doesn't sit well" should mean, but buying single fan water cooler is pure waste of money anyway.
And from what I could see, your motherboard doesn't have dedicated connector for water pump and so I assume you connected it to CPU_FAN header -which might not be the best idea.

Get a decent $40-50 air cooler and you're done. If you can mount two fans in front of PC case, then get a PWM fan splitter cable to connect both on single fan header on motherboard.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I can recommend Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B (must be Rev B for AMD) which should cost around US$48-50 -hard to find better cooler at this price. Of course, there are a lot good enough coolers for even less money. Anyway, generally speaking,I wouldn't look at something below $40 (if too cheap, there's always some catch hidden).

Before you decide, take a look at some reviews on Youtube and also make sure cooler is not too tall (so it will fit into your PC case).

Solution

I would still make sure cooler is properly seated with plenty of compound

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I would still make sure cooler is properly seated with plenty of compound

Ok, I re-seated the cooler, scrapped out the thermal paste and applied what I had left.
The temperature indeed got better, but it's still too high. I already bought the splitter to connect all 4 case fans in order to see if things get better before I buy another cooler.

Thanks everyone!