Nov 14, 2023
Hi

I recently built my first PC tower. had some issues at the start with it not wanting to install windows 11. friend had me change change some D.O.C.P and UEFI windows settings in Bios and got it up and running. My iGPU built into my Ryzen 7 5700g CPU clearly works as it shows video on my screen. Gaming is where the issue arrives. It will let me play games and they run perfectly smooth, but it wont let me take anything off of the lowest settings. Even went set to high/ultra it still only plays/shows with the lowest graphics settings. With Fallout 4 when I have it auto-detect what my graphics settings should be always says "Your video hardware was not identified. Video setting have been set for low quality" It doesnt want to run at all either. Farcry 5 looks fine and runs smoothly, it just still looks decent on low graphics. Overwatch on the other hand, while also running smoothly, looks AWFUL. its okay when not moving, but when you look around or move your mouse everything looks like its 64bit, yet still runs just as smooth. This is all with the graphics settings set on high. it says they are set to high, but the graphics themselves beg to differ. Im almost certain I downloaded and installed all the drivers for both the Motherboard ASUS Prime B450M-A II, and my Ryzen 7 5700g CPU. I have all the AMD drivers I believe as well and have even been trying to run games through AMD adrenaline edition. I feel like Ive tried everything except getting a dedicated GPU

Hi

I recently built my first PC tower. had some issues at the start with it not wanting to install windows 11. friend had me change change some D.O.C.P and UEFI windows settings in Bios and got it up and running. My iGPU built into my Ryzen 7 5700g CPU clearly works as it shows video on my screen. Gaming is where the issue arrives. It will let me play games and they run perfectly smooth, but it wont let me take anything off of the lowest settings. Even went set to high/ultra it still only plays/shows with the lowest graphics settings. With Fallout 4 when I have it auto-detect what my graphics settings should be always says "Your video hardware was not identified. Video setting have been set for low quality" It doesnt want to run at all either. Farcry 5 looks fine and runs smoothly, it just still looks decent on low graphics. Overwatch on the other hand, while also running smoothly, looks AWFUL. its okay when not moving, but when you look around or move your mouse everything looks like its 64bit, yet still runs just as smooth. This is all with the graphics settings set on high. it says they are set to high, but the graphics themselves beg to differ. Im almost certain I downloaded and installed all the drivers for both the Motherboard ASUS Prime B450M-A II, and my Ryzen 7 5700g CPU. I have all the AMD drivers I believe as well and have even been trying to run games through AMD adrenaline edition. I feel like Ive tried everything except getting a dedicated GPU

what resolution are you trying to run it at far cry 5 and fall out 4 are not gonna play well on a ryzen 7 5700g unless its at 720p

also update the gpu drivers. set shadows to low no vysnc.

Nov 14, 2023
what resolution are you trying to run it at far cry 5 and fall out 4 are not gonna play well on a ryzen 7 5700g unless its at 720p

also update the gpu drivers. set shadows to low no vysnc.
Its not that they dont play well, they play perfectly smooth, its that it literally only plays in low quality. its not that the FPS is low or that it crashes at higher quality, its that it literally only shows low quality graphics even when they are set higher (Fallout 4 doesnt even recognze that I have graphics hardware. My Computer monitor is 1080p if thats what you mean with resolution. I have adrenaline addition installed and running, though I dont think I saw StoreMI before. I just tried installing it and it says I need at least one SSD and hard disk drive to function. I only have SSD, does this mean games cant detect it unless I have a hard disk drive? Seems like a weird requirement in 2023. I downloaded and installed all my drivers (Like 10 in total between the CPU, iGPU, and Mobo) from their websites because I dont have a disk drive

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hi

Are you able to install windows 10 with 5700g? I intend to install windows 10 with 5700g.

Have you solved your problem? It seems like 5700g is unable to cope with your games? Did you try a dedicated graphics card and see if the problems will be solved?

I am considering 5600g, 5700g or 5600x for a new pc. Not sure if I should avoid 5700g

Thanks

Jan 27, 2024
Looking at my post under hardware/systems titled Ryzen 5700G problems may help you out a bit. The QVL list is very important. My build was not even for gaming but watching videos, music, internet and Youtube only. If you are gaming best put out for that graphics card.