[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen system starts with OS broken but a simple reboot fixes everything,

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi, for some reason my newly built computer starts up in first boot (after did not used for long time like months, I had to travel somewhere) some of the icons are missing from task bar, desktop shortcuts showing wrong ones and direct ethernet connection falls down to funny speed even though we have a powerful connection. A simple restart of the computer fixes everything. I did not have this strange issue with any of my Intel computers. I have all the recent "System" updates from AMD via Windows Update. Any idea why is this happening? Computer works OK now since I'm using it daily.

Is this is a AMD thing? Computers chops itself down after a long period of time no use? Never heard such a thing before if thats the case.

B450M-K Prime
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB RAM
Windows 10 1909
GTX 1660

Solution
No, not an AMD thing.

Was it fully unplugged for a while? You could try replacing the CMOS battery but even a dead battery doesn't explain all that craziness.
Are you able to fully wipe and reload Windows? Could be OS corruption.
No, not an AMD thing.

Was it fully unplugged for a while? You could try replacing the CMOS battery but even a dead battery doesn't explain all that craziness.
Are you able to fully wipe and reload Windows? Could be OS corruption.

Solution