AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2 vs. Intel Skylake-X: Battle of the High-End CPUs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James_514

Reputable
Mar 1, 2017
TBO whether or not the motherboard choices is important or not, Neither one is going to be a winner. You have cheapo motherboards and you have expensive motherboards. Neither of which is reliant on the chip that goes inside of it, but the manufacturer making the motherboard. If you take any processor since Intel started to win the CPU wars with their core series you would have to come to the same conclusion that 'intel boards are the winner' for the reasons stated, because manufacturers for a very long time have had a wider variety of boards available for the intel side of things than the AMD side of things. This is what makes this a pointless metric. The manufacture is determining the win in this case.

And yes, @JIMMYSMITTER, ASUS DOES make their ROG boards for intel higher quality than their ROG boards for AMD. Case point, the aforementioned Rampage VI VS Zenith Extreme. ASUS rarely and almost sets AMD board quality and design above Intel board quality and design. ASUS highest end Intel boards are always flashier than AMDs. This is fact. Their 'Extreme' for AMD board is never as 'Extreme' as their intel boards. This has been the case for a very long time.

mellis

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Based on what I see here considering price/performance and the money I was willing to spend on a new rig, I would go with the TR 1920X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS