News AMD Share Skyrockets Amid Biggest Quarterly Desktop PC Decline In History

Apr 1, 2020
Not exactly something to celebrate.

On the desktop side they are more expensive than their Intel counterparts while providing less performance, but they are a cheaper solution to upgrade an existing AM4 platform with the caveat it's a dead end platform. TH pointed this fact out on their article yesterday about AMD's "new" chips. And yes I still loathe them for not cutting prices of the Ryzen 5000 series yet.

Server's a different story, as long as Intel keeps up their splitting hair segmentation, they're going to lose ground to AMD, and it's a win for server builders.

Mobile...we'll see. Both AMD and Intel have great options now, consumer wins in that market.

UWguy

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
AMD stock is falling fast…we’ll maybe not as fast as Bitcoin. When do you think we’ll see the stock below $50 a share? My guess is two weeks of things don’t improve.

Reactions: artk2219

Charogne

Prominent
Apr 25, 2022
yes, AMD shares value are dropping, but Intel too lost 25% value in the last 6 months, Nvidia did much worst. All stock market are slowly crashing, its not just AMD, and it have nothing to do with its performance and innovation. I think the only business doing globally very well are oil company. Suncor gained 63% valuation in last year and exxon 44%

Last edited:

maik80

Commendable
May 21, 2021
Apple's financial report points to 15% growth in Macs, this guy doesn't even know what he's talking about,
  • Mac: US$10,4 bilhões (+15%)

Last edited:

artk2219

Distinguished
Apple's financial report points to 15% growth in Macs, this guy doesn't even know what he's talking about,
  • Mac: US$10,4 bilhões (+15%)

Someone didn't read the title, "AMD Share Skyrockets Amid Biggest Quarterly Desktop PC Decline In History". Macs are mostly mobile, while they definitely have desktops, most of Apples sales are in laptops, thats the same as every other computer manufacturer, their laptops have made gains recently, desktops, eh I'd have to see the data. Either way, Apple has become roughly 15% of the total market (dekstops and laptops), ranking them behind Lenovo, HP, and Dell in terms of units sold (profits is a WHOLE different story), good for them i guess.