AMD Shows Radeon Roadmap for Early 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
C'mon price drops so I can upgrade from my lowly 2 yr old GTX260. Granted I don't do that much PC gaming anymore so this card suits me fine its just simply time for an upgrade to DX11.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
So I take it by the looks on that graph arrow that AMD has no plans on replacing the Radeon 5770 at least in the first quater of 2011.

Anyone else notice how AMD is using some of the same codenames with past Windows OSes condenames like Whistler and Blackcomb?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I just picked up a HD 6850 for cheap and it's faster, cheaper, more efficient and better tech than my HD 4870 2GB I bought a year ago. I love it when AMD/NVIDIA have a dog fight! We win!

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
68xx does replace the 57xx line but since it's performance matches the 58xx it makes sense to leave the 57xx in the lineup.
Presuming Turks and Caicos arrive at sub 57xx performance.

The 57xx was a really good card for the money when it came out... And judging by sales it continues to be. That's what I'm running in my system!

rohitbaran

Distinguished
So, looks like it is AMD that got delayed this time. Well I hope the product they release is worth the wait, not a rather underwhelming product like Fermi, considering it was launched 6 months later than 5000 series with not much performance gain over them.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Hooray for new $400 cards every 9 months,
Boo for perhaps that "count it - ONE" good PC game that MIGHT be considered a viable software for that new VC.
PC Gaming as of late, is dead. There are rumors that the new 'tide' is coming, but as long as EA, UBI, Activision, are in the lead, there is NO HOPE for new talent.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
edit: we need new startup gaming companies, that are dedicated to work, for the gamers, by the gamers, simplistic games that immerse, and not for ADbarf gaming. The best games were circa 1980-1995, the rest is all downhill.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
@noblerabbit

I agree that PC games are not where we'd like to see them.
But the Mass Effects and Dragon Age were great.
So was StarCraft 2.
I don't often play nVidia only titles, but Metro2033 had some amazing graphics.

I say all that to say-- take heart and please suport your friendly neighborhood developer; don't pirate!

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
rhino,
I buy the games I love to play, I have legally purchased over $10,000 of Software, entertaining games, that I loved to play. I admit, I have tried some lent games, I obtained via friends, but when I love a game, and theere are a few indeed, NeedforSpeed Shift, all CommandConquer games, SC2, All Diablo games (Going to take 2 years off work to play D3 to death - literally), The witcher, and lately, some PS3 titles. Rockband , err.. not much else for PS3 lol,..
Pirating, did kill it for PC, I have to agree a little. Developers and artists deserve recompensation. The power of the internet however, should EASILY give any lost money back to them, where it belongs. If EVERY Pirate donated ONE DOLLAR per month, over the next few years, we can start over making great games.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ginjen[/nom]they already did.[/citation]

Well, at least they bought the company for the technology and know how vs just the name and the ability to dismantle and rape it...

I'm looking at you Oracle...

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]zambutu[/nom]are they dropping the ATI name?[/citation]

Yes,there was a poll that determined the AMD name brand is stronger than the ATI name brand. Thus the ATI name brand is officially retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.