News AMD Six-Core 12-Thread Ryzen 3000 Processor Benchmark Pops Up

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
It's taken four years, but this low end AMD CPU (if that's what it is ) is creaming my i7-6700, both in multi-threaded AND single-threaded workloads where AMD were traditionally quite weak. The summary says quite a bit, but it gets worse the more in-depth one looks.
3pAlHSs.png

And the funny thing is, my i7-6700 meets and exceeds all my needs right now. Or to put it another way: I'm a target customer of AMD's low end market. My 6700 is way faster than my Xeon workstation at work, and these low end CPUs are even better than that.

I'm still shaking my head that AMD's baby CPUs will outclass my workstation, which is "good enough" for data warehousing and ETL work. I'm at a bit of a loss for words to describe the amount of CPU power which is now becoming mainstream and affordable.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Good times!

I had a long term customer call me up and ask about upgrading his Phenom II 965 box to a FX8350 as they are now around £50. I said no. Told him to save up for a Ryzen box.

You can push antiques too far.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Based on the info i've gleaned all over the web, I predict that the only accurate ADORE TV leaks are:

1. 16/12 Core Ryzen AM4 chips are definitely on the way
  2. There will almost certainly be a new Ryzen 9 Flagship Tier.
Just about everything else is probably false. You can disregard the clocks speeds, TDP, and the Tier rankings.

The Real ranking will probably be as follows:

Ryzen 3 = 4c/4T
Ryzen 5 = 4c/8t & 6c/12T
Ryzen 7= 8C/16T
Ryzen 9=12C/24T & 16C/32T

Reactions: ElectrO_90
I agree with Penn, it's probably some intel ploy to put out false hopes and when the ryzen does appear and it appears more in the 4c area, people will bitch and moan at AMD.

Although, secretly we are all hoping the R3 will be 6/6 :)

hannibal

Distinguished
It is sensible to make 4 core parts too! Even 2 core to low end... Also clockspeeds seems to be near 4GHz in boost and that is Also more sensible than 5GHz that were very early rumours! Also is Navi 10 is 499$ so most likely Ryzen is Also priced more sensible way than in rumours.
Most of the early ”info” have been quite bogus in that Sense!

The Real ranking will probably be as follows:

Ryzen 3 = 4c/4T
Ryzen 5 = 4c/8t & 6c/12T
Ryzen 7= 8C/16T
Ryzen 9=12C/24T & 16C/32T
Perhaps, though with their keynote being a matter of hours away, we'll likely know a lot more about their lineup soon. Those rumored prices did seem a bit unlikely to me from the start though, so it's surprising to see Tom's Hardware continuing to repeat them. Especially since the original "leaks" that suggested those prices also suggested that AMD would launch the processors at CES in January.

Even if the core counts still remain the same for each tier though, the launch prices for those tiers could potentially be reduced somewhat, as we saw going from first-gen Ryzen to second. The Ryzen 2600 has been selling for around $160-$165 since last fall, and has been around $150 in recent weeks, and Intel's own i5-9400F is currently being sold for $150 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new 6-core part didn't cost much more than that, with the higher-clocked X version possibly priced closer to $200.

Of course, if their per-core performance has improved by a decent amount, which leaks suggest it has, they might not need substantially lower prices to make these processors compelling.

Also is Navi 10 is 499$ so most likely Ryzen is Also priced more sensible way than in rumours.
Except that Navi pricing is also an unverified rumor. The same goes for Ryzen clock rates... >_>