AMD Teases New 'Adrenalin' Radeon Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a saying in Ireland for this kind of stuff.....'Big swing of the Mickey!'
This is some serious Trump style narrative. Take nothing, make it something, and sing until everyone hears about it! What a load of tosh. It's a driver for god's sake! So what.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

NewbieGeek voted down for this answer

No, no. Let him speak.

Perhaps they've added some big features worthy of people's attention, such as an equivalent to Nvidia's Shadowplay for GPU-accelerated screen recording, for example. This teaser might have been rather vague, but if there have been substantial additions to their software, there might be an expanded version of the trailer outlining those things once the new software launches in the coming weeks.

No, no. Let them down vote. It too is a form of speech. We're in a public place and the author of the post isn't speaking to a voiceless audience.

So, a bit like your response to the tiny news article about AMD's PR release?

I think it was a simple and effective analogy :) But I certainly didn't mean it to be incendiary, and if I've offended anyone at all, I apologise.

With that said, the point still stands. It's a driver release. So what. To do a big reveal, as if it was something important is, well, just not needed. YAWN!

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

Zinger! You used what I said against me!

I was trying to encourage more Trump bashing cause I'm about that life. I didn't mean to imply that keith12's right to speak is anymore important than NewbieGeek's right to downvote. I get it though, you lose the majority of your message when you're communicating with just text.

Except that Trump bashing, or encouraging more of it, is borderline trolling and bringing up of politics, both of which go right up against the No GRAPES policy that exists at Tom's, and against the general forum policies.

While it's only my opinion, I for one haven't seen anything I would consider to be a big reveal, just a short article on a tech site that I read. Is your gripe intended toward the author of the article, for giving more coverage than you felt a driver release merits? Tom's announces new driver updates often. As for this driver release, I had already read about it in an email from AMD, but I appreciate that Tom's let more people know.

A confirmation of continued commitment to a good cause, such as hardware support is important. Even when ATI had better hardware than NVIDIA, and that better hardware was priced more competitively, NVIDIA outsold ATI. Consumers aren't always well informed, and even when they are, brand bias carries a lot of weight in purchase decisions.

Hearing that AMD is attempting to support it's customers in a timely fashion may help assuage feelings of brand bias.

It is important for AMD to continue putting their products in front of consumers, so we can be reminded of what is available and make more informed decisions, even if it's just the announcement that they are renaming the driver suite. The driver is a significant component of a graphics card product. How many opportunities does AMD's RTG marketing department really have to push their products, especially after the disappointment following the Vega series launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.