AMD Vega MegaThread! FAQ and Resources

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha.

So what's the model number of the Vega 64 you bought?

That is a good question... I don't have the info at hand now, so I'll edit when I get to my PC. What information would you get from knowing the serial?

Also, is the serial shown by GPUZ? I don't really wanna open the case xD

Cheers!

Not the serial, but the model number. Example: 11275-03 or 11275-00 as seen here (when you looks at the specs) http://www.sapphiretech.com/search.asp?kw=vega+64+nitro%2B&lang=eng

From what I can tell 11275-03 non-Limited Edition doesn't have the vapor chamber and is part of the reason (along with high prices) I didn't buy it in the past. But if you are saying your's is super quiet and stays cool then I'd like to keep that in mind.

It's a 03 part. Interesting then, since I don't really hear it, even at full load. But to hear it, the fans have to be loud and it seems they have the same type of fan (regular, dual bearing).

I haven't checked the temps closely, because it just works. According to GPUZ, it's running at 1630Mhz though, not the 1580Mhz it shows in the link you sent.

Cheers!

Jan 26, 2019
What I would like to see is nVidia push for DX12 support. Not saying I want them to be better than AMD, but Windows is pretty popular and devs will continue to use DX no doubt. I just want to see true competition. Before Polaris, it seem nVidia had a leg up in the game, but AMD is surprising us all

they already did with MS DXR. also before this they did not push it harder their hardware does not benefit much from it such as async compute. async compute benefit compute oriented design architecture like GCN more. maxwell and pascal is designed towards pure rendering performance. hence starting with turing nvidia going back with compute oriented design instead of doing separate compute and gaming design like before (turing SM arrangement is exactly the same with volta except the lack of full FP64 support).

but DX12 also have it's own issue. DX12 does not guarantee better performance. people often blame upon game developer "poor" implementation and even DX12 itself when they did not see improvement but in reality DX11 is already a very good API. the situation with DX12 is not the same as Vulkan.

also while many people hope more developer will adopt vulkan what they did not aware of was the thing that makes vulkan more effective at low level API than DX is also one of the reason why majority of game developer try to avoid opengl before.

Jan 27, 2019
Hi, a question about Vega 56. I have a Corsair 450W 80+ Gold PSU, will I be able to support the card? If not, would it be possible if I were to undervolt the card? Thanks!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No, these cards are power hogs, that system would crash. This thread is not for tech support so if you need more information start your own thread on this.

Rexer

Distinguished
Hi, a question about Vega 56. I have a Corsair 450W 80+ Gold PSU, will I be able to support the card? If not, would it be possible if I were to undervolt the card? Thanks!

With Vega, you've entered into power country. 750w or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS