Build Complete AMD Wraith Spire without LEDs

HoomanXD

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
I currently have a AMD Wraith Spire air-cooler bit I can't figure out how to turn off the LEDs. My motherboard is a ASUS ROG Crosshair VI.

HoomanXD

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
Ok so it didn't work. It still did colorful but the reason I think that is is because I don't have all of the cables that came with the box. The only cable I have is the 4 pin. Would I have to get that specific cable for it to work?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Here, i don't know. As you can see from the vid above, Wraith Spire works without the LED lit when there are no cable/jumper in the LED connector.

Only thing i can think of is that the LED gets it's power from the fan cable as well, where you have different version of Wraith Spire than shown in above video. If this is the case and you don't want to see the LED, you could remove the LED from the cooler entirely (or cut and insulate the 12V wire going from fan to the LED). Another option would be buying non-LED aftermarket CPU cooler and replacing Wraith Spire.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Isn't there 3 cables on that cooler? The 4pin rbg, the 4pin cpu fan and a USB2. Should apply to all the RGB Wraiths

-When the 4 pin connector on the Wraith Prism is connected to your RGB header on the motherboard, RGB Fusion will control and sync the Wraith Prism Fan LED, but NOT the outer ring LED or the AMD logo LED (these will always remain at default which is rainbow for the ring led and white for the AMD logo)

-When the Wraith Prism is connected to your motherboard using the USB header, the Coolermaster Wraith Prism Utility will have full control over all zones on the Wraith Prism including chase effects etc. But you will lose that SYNC functionality with RGB fusion.

Here's the thing though, if you've plugged in BOTH the 4-pin connector and the USB connector from the Wraith Prism to your motherboard, the Coolermaster Wraith Prism Utility will not take control. It defaults to the 4-pin mode and RGB Fusion overrides it (back to rainbow ring and white AMD logo only)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The spire doesn't have rainbow. You'd need addressable RGB for that which comes on certain Wraith max and the Wraith Prism. The RGB as far as I know is just 3 solid colors, red, green, blue.

What cpu did this come with?

HoomanXD

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
I got it figured it out. I had to plug in a 3pin to a USB header and control the lighting from there. Then once I turned all the leds off, I unplugged the cave and it stayed blacked out