AMD's Future Chips & SoC's: News, Info & Rumours.

Page 113 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Ryzen 7 4800u with 8 cores and 16 threads based on 7nm zen 2. 4.2ghz boost clock. Apparently a reviesed igpu aswell.

Ryzen 7 4700h has the same 8 cores and 16 threads based on zen2. It has the same 4.2ghz boost clock but a higher base cock.

Available soon.

Last edited:
Radeon RX5600xt
RDNA
32cu
1375mhz "game clock"
6gb gddr6

Compared to GTX1660ti and supposedly is for maxed out 1080p. Supposedly the RX5600xt is 10% faster than a 1660ti in a few games.

Releasing January 21st for $279

Keep in mind the GTX 1660ti has the same MSRP of $279. The GTX1660super has a MSRP of $229.

There will be a mobile cards named RX5600m and RX5700m.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990x

64 cores & 128threads
4.3ghz boost clock
288mb cache
Socket TRX40

$3,990 MSRP

Feb 7th launch date.

30% faster than dual Intel Xeon Platinum 8280s (costing $20,000) in V-Ray.
Scores a 25399cb in Cinebench R20 multi core (5 times the score of the I9 9900ks)

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
Very impressed with the 3990X and 5600XT looks to be a FAR better product then the 5500XT actually being a price/performance king.

Sadly no Zen 3 :( everything they shown we knew about months ago.

Dec 27, 2019
Not really. It performs just like a 1660ti and cost about the same as a 1660ti. Both have same vram amount. Efficency is probably same or worse for the AMD card.
If its 10% faster for the same amount of cash its a new performance per dollar king, but i guess we should wait for real reviews.

Zen3 and no Big navi which was all i actually cared about lol, sad show happy i didn't watch it live.

If its 10% faster for the same amount of cash its a new performance per dollar king, but i guess we should wait for real reviews.

Zen3 and no Big navi which was all i actually cared about lol, sad show happy i didn't watch it live.
I watched it live. A lot of marketing crap, making freesync more complicated than needed, and an underwhelming GPU launch.

But, at least it had some nice products.

An 8 core, 16 thread laptop CPU that stays in a 15w TDP is impressive. Really shows just how good AMDs Zen2 7nm process is. The new CPU and GPU thingy they are doing sounds good too.

Also the 3990x is astonishing. I expected it to be great, but not that good.

I mean a 4 grand single CPU getting 30% better performance in vray than 2 of intels most powerfull CPUs worth more than a new toyota corolla is just truely impressive.

I wanted to watch all of intels keynote but after just hearing bull about how AI makes their low power CPUs something special i just clicked off.

Reactions: cdrkf and PolkFan
I am disappointed for not seeing any news about Zen 3.

I wonder if AMD did it on purpose or they just didn't want to give out any info just yet?

Cheers!

I think we're not going to see zen3 for a while (at least in terms of products, I was excepting then to give a couple of slides on it) .... On AMD's road map they showed Zen3 starting later in the year than zen or zen2, and of course it will be server parts first.

Honestly it makes sense, they are currently pretty limited on wafer supply on standard 7nm so likely a delay on getting 7nm+ out and it's not like they have much to worry about from team blue right now. The 3990 proves that.

That is one thing though, the clocks on that 3990 are much better than I expected, they are higher than any of the 64 core epic parts. I except some new records to be set with this one!

Reactions: jaymc

The problem for the 5600xt isn't the 1660ti, but the 1660 super which is essentially the same performance but quite a bit cheaper.

That said, prices will adjust over time. Vega actually became a really good value choice towards the end of its run (once the crypto boom ended) despite some pretty damming reviews at first.... No bad products, just bad prices!

I think the truth of the matter is AMD are hitting a bit of a wall on silicone supply so they aren't too worried about increasing market share right now. I'm guessing the gpus might stay on 7nm when the cpus move over to 7nm+ which would give them the capacity to sell more cards. That's when we're likely to see a better value option from them.

Dec 27, 2019
Yes after i wrote that i discovered that a 1660 Super is just as fast according to techpowerup benchmarks as a 1660Ti. I generally keep up with Nvidia's products but they really made a bunch of cards in that price range.

jaymc

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
Dec 27, 2019
My guess is PS and Xbox will be using a custom mobile Zen 2 part since they use 15-45 watts which means it will be weaker then a typical Zen 2 core on desktops as it will have less cache but it will still be the best CPU in any modern console and for the first time in YEARS we will have a EASY to program beast CPU in a console dare i say it, this will be the first generation of consoles that actually have a balanced design not a massive GPU with a weak tablet CPU at best.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1534...-lisa-su?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Yes!
"Rather than ask me the question three times Ian [laughs], let me clear: you will see Zen 3 in 2020! " Lisa Su

" I know those on Reddit want a high end Navi! You should expect that we will have a high-end Navi, and that it is important to have it. " Lisa Su

Thanks for the quotes- I have noted based on that a couple of news outlets have confidently reported Zen 3 based Ryzen is coming soon.... the problem is that isn't what Lisa Su said. She only stated we will see Zen 3 this year- that could be any Zen 3 based product and I think it's safe to say server is going to be first. If we don't see the Zen 3 server parts until later in the year it's quite likely Zen 3 on the desktop will be a 2021 product.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Zen 3 for the desktop will likely be released on Q3/Q4 of 2020 based on latest news from various sites.
We can expect some insights on Zen 3 desktop on Computex.
Zen 4 will likely be launched in 2021 and the end of AM4 platform.