[SOLVED] American Megatrends screen after turn on

Jan 20, 2022
Hello all, first of all sorry if my english is kinda bad since im using a translator to make this question.

So this is what happened, this morning I turned on my PC as usual to start working only to be greeted by the American Megatrends screen, I followed the steps to start the PC (Press F1 to run setup). This is the second time I've seen this screen, the first was when there was a blackout where I live, that time I remember not turning on the PC until the next day when the problem was resolved, I was greeted with the American Megatrends screen and just followed the steps to start the PC (again, press F1 to run the setup method).

Since then, I never saw that screen until today, but this time I can't find a reason for the screen to appear. Yesterday I shut down the PC in the usual way, so I don't think this is a problem with a forced shutdown. I tried restarting the PC to see if the screen came back, but this time the PC booted fine.

So do any of you have any idea why the American Megatrends screen only appeared once and for no apparent reason?
Maybe I didn't shut down the pc properly, maybe there was another blackout during the night, or maybe there's a problem with some component of the pc.

I hope you can help me and thank you.

Solution
in my experience the "enter settings with F1" warning usually pops up when a major hardware change or BIOS update has occurred and the BIOS needs to reset itself or alter attributes.

other times it can be a sign of device failure, possibly CMOS battery dying, or BIOS corruption.
Jan 20, 2022
update your BIOS to the latest available on your motherboard manufacturer's product support webpage downloads section.
if already have; try Loading Optimized Defaults on your BIOS exit page.
My BIOS is already up to date with the latest update available and I have also started loading optimized defaults on my BIOS exit page, everything seems fine. So maybe what caused the American Megatreds screen to appear was that my bios was not up to date?

Still, thank you very much JohnBonhamsGhost for your answer!!!

in my experience the "enter settings with F1" warning usually pops up when a major hardware change or BIOS update has occurred and the BIOS needs to reset itself or alter attributes.

other times it can be a sign of device failure, possibly CMOS battery dying, or BIOS corruption.

Solution