AMI Bios Beeps Once then restarts in an endless loop

Session421

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
Motherboard: ASRock LGA1150
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

This morning I was fiddling with my speakers in the back of the computer, and then my screen went black. Now my computer keeps repeating the same cycle over and over again, one quick beep then quick restart, endlessly. It appears the fans in my computer turn on when I start up, so I guess it isn't my PSU, but I'm not an expert.

Solution
Very likely that when you were fiddling with your speakers you moved your case and somehow caused the mobo or your video card (or any expansion card) making contact with the case thus causing the shorting issue, just reassemble the pc and try it again.

Session421

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

I took off the case and made sure everything was tight and snug, and now I turned it back on... and everythign is fine and it started up again. I can safely assume something is loose? How do I go about diagnosing what is in fact loose, or could it still be something else?

Very likely that when you were fiddling with your speakers you moved your case and somehow caused the mobo or your video card (or any expansion card) making contact with the case thus causing the shorting issue, just reassemble the pc and try it again.

Solution