AMIDuOS V2 Shows Increased Performance, Decreased Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I'm not sure where your problem came from with the google play store. I downloaded the new version of AMIDuOS the night that you posted the release news. I installed it on my Surface 3 Pro running Windows 10. I did not have any of the issues that you mentioned. It installed without a hitch, I got logged into my google account and downloaded my apps without a single crash. So far, the only problem that I have run into was DuOS locked up on me after it was left running when windows decided to hibernate. This only happened once.

DocBones

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
Would love to see them offer site licenses. Their current setup makes it hard to try to do a corporate purchase for this tool.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I'm not sure where your problem came from with the google play store. I downloaded the new version of AMIDuOS the night that you posted the release news. I installed it on my Surface 3 Pro running Windows 10. I did not have any of the issues that you mentioned. It installed without a hitch, I got logged into my google account and downloaded my apps without a single crash. So far, the only problem that I have run into was DuOS locked up on me after it was left running when windows decided to hibernate. This only happened once.
I'm wondering if it was happening because they were installing it on Windows 7, which is a 'hardly supported' OS at this point.
To the people on Windows 7: Time to update to Windows 10. No, there are no real security or privacy issues as long as you turn off Cortana.

I'm wondering if it was happening because they were installing it on Windows 7, which is a 'hardly supported' OS at this point.
To the people on Windows 7: Time to update to Windows 10. No, there are no real security or privacy issues as long as you turn off Cortana.

Hardly supported??? Seriously? You are trying to say that Windows 10 which still has several bugs, countless driver and program compatibility issues, has greater support than Windows 7?

Not only is that completely inaccurate, but I actually talked to the AMI before testing this product and was informed that the software currently has a few bugs with Windows 10. I opted to use Windows 7 for testing because it is what I used in the previous test, and I wanted to avoid any bugs that might occur because of the early state of Windows 10.

Your comment about it having no privacy issues when Cortana is turned off is also inaccurate, but that wasn't a concern when testing this product.

Rix77

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I signed up to try this out just before this article went live, since then I have received many, many spam emails.
I have not given my email to anyone else recently

Status
Not open for further replies.