Question An Overkill Radiator Choice

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a [redacted] Fat Radiator 360 mm which is not exactly what i need but what i want. I will be pairing it with a RTX 3080 and 3700X.
So as per my googling i have found some rad's that i "can buy" and delivery is possible at my location[Alphcool is N/A :( ]

Price = [Unit Price + Delivery] In some, delivery is greater than unit price.

1. Corsair XR7 [360mm x 54 mm] [ Copper + Brass Rad] [$160 + $10 = $170 ] Corsair XR7 FPI = 13, 12 Tubes, dual 25 micron thick fins stack, 2 Cores , Brass Chamber, Copper Fins and Tubes.
2. Barrow Dabel-60d [360mm x 60 mm] [Copper + Brass Rad] [$57 + $60 = $110] Dabel 60d FPI=12 [Not Sure], 14 Tubes ,Triple Core , Brass Chamber, Copper Fins and Copper Tubes.
3. Bykski TK-60 [ 360mm x 60 mm] [ Copper + Brass Rad] [$55 + $35 = $90] BYKSKI TK-60 FPI = 14, 14 Tubes Triple Core , Brass Chamber, Copper Fins and Copper Tubes.
4. Bykski TK-60 V2 [360mm x 60 mm] [Full Red Copper Rad] [$64 + $76 = $140] BYKSKI TK-60 v2 FPI = 14, 14Tubes, Triple Core , All Red Copper Chamber, Fins and Tubes.

Specs on Chinese brands #2 and #3 are not very clear except the #4th one which is very clear on specs.

I'm not sure which is better than which, again as per my finite knowledge it seems Bykski TK 60 V2 might come out on top of all as it's 14 FPI and construction is all red cooper. It seems to have no kinks except for delivery and stocks.

Corsair XR7 can be a challenger because of double fin design but has only 2 cores. It is a rebranded versions of Hardware Labs Nemesis LX radiator. For a dual core it's oversized, it should be 45mm thick as most dual core rads are.

As per value #3 Bykski TK-60 is only $80 which is half the price of corsair and 40% cheaper than V2 model. I can buy 2 of these for $160 if considered price. [I'm not sure how i will put x2 60mm thick rads in lian li o11 dynamic with a 315 mm length GPU, I'd rather buy One and save Money for GPU].

[redacted]

Please recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You're forgetting that watercooling a system with custom parts isn't cheap - almost as if you're going into a rabbit while in terms of buying the best you possibly can. I would forgo the Barrow and Bykski rads since they have been known to show some manufacturer defects.

Corsair on the other hand work very closely with the best brands out there. Their rads are actually a rebranded Hardware Labs Black ICE Nemesis GTR radiator. That's where I'd put my money. Speaking of money, what do the rest of your loop components look like? You shouldn't mix and match parts with different metals in the same loop.

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
You're forgetting that watercooling a system with custom parts isn't cheap - almost as if you're going into a rabbit while in terms of buying the best you possibly can. I would forgo the Barrow and Bykski rads since they have been known to show some manufacturer defects.

Corsair on the other hand work very closely with the best brands out there. Their rads are actually a rebranded Hardware Labs Black ICE Nemesis GTR radiator. That's where I'd put my money. Speaking of money, what do the rest of your loop components look like? You shouldn't mix and match parts with different metals in the same loop.
It's all copper + brass :) . Here's how it's look like:
c0yko6b2dyj51.jpg

Water cooling[WC] Components are:
  1. Bykski D5 Pump Combo Pump Combo NWD5-X-CT60-V3 *
  2. Barrow 360 X 30mm Copper Radiator Barrow Dabel-30a 360 *
  3. Barrow RGB Copper-Nickel Plated CPU Block: Barrow LTYK3A-04-V2 *
  4. Brass Compression and Angled Fittings + Normal Soft tubing.
  5. Fans Total 14 fans: 3X Deepcool MF120GT Front[Pull] + 3X Silverstone Air Blazer R in Back Chamber behind the Rad [Push] + 3X Deepcool TF 120 [Bottom] + 3X Thermaltake 12 RGB Pure plus[Top] + 1X Antec Prism RGB at back[Not Visible in Picture] Behind the transformer logo.
  6. Spare hard tube compression barrow fittings and Tubes.*
I used soft tubing because i am noob in WC :p , I had lesser time to complete and test the loop in one day, given incl. leak test time of 12 hours.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS