me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
do i need a gmail account to access an android box? i know i'm probably going to need it access google play store but other than that would i need a gmail account for anything else on the android box?

Solution
a android box, not sure what brand but an android box. i want to know if i need a gmail account to get in to the system, i know im probably going to need one for the google play store
Without knowing what this "android box" does we can't say for sure. A video streaming box will probably function without a google login, but you won't be able to update the apps. If you want to ssh into a device running android, then you would probably ssh in as root. Android doesn't have too many local logins.

kanewolf

Titan
a android box, not sure what brand but an android box. i want to know if i need a gmail account to get in to the system, i know im probably going to need one for the google play store
Without knowing what this "android box" does we can't say for sure. A video streaming box will probably function without a google login, but you won't be able to update the apps. If you want to ssh into a device running android, then you would probably ssh in as root. Android doesn't have too many local logins.

Solution