[SOLVED] Android Hotspot PS4 NAT Type 3 UPnP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2021
Is it possible to set up UPnP , Open Port, or Port Forwarding thru an android Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 when using the phone as a hotspot so that a PS4 is not restricted to NAT Type 3 ?

I don't have a router. I'm based in Mozambique, the cellular network MoviTel has incredible speed. I've tried DYNU's service for a DNS but was unsuccessful, maybe I failed with the settings after I achieved a DNS number ? Any assistance is appreciated.

Solution
Is it possible to set up UPnP , Open Port, or Port Forwarding thru an android Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 when using the phone as a hotspot so that a PS4 is not restricted to NAT Type 3 ?

I don't have a router. I'm based in Mozambique, the cellular network MoviTel has incredible speed. I've tried DYNU's service for a DNS but was unsuccessful, maybe I failed with the settings after I achieved a DNS number ? Any assistance is appreciated.
Generally no. The cellular provider doesn't provide a public IP address to the phone. So UnP, port forwarding, etc don't work.

kanewolf

Titan

Generally no. The cellular provider doesn't provide a public IP address to the phone. So UnP, port forwarding, etc don't work.

Reactions: FoxyRoxy1976
Solution
Dec 9, 2021
I haven't tried it yet, but you should use a VPN. I connect with my phone to the company network with a VPN. That way you would have a public IP. Once you are connected through a VPN you will have to deal with the port forwarding. I know there are apps for that. Ive read that its possible natively setting up proxy on network settings, but havent tried it.

I haven't tried it yet, but you should use a VPN. I connect with my phone to the company network with a VPN. That way you would have a public IP. Once you are connected through a VPN you will have to deal with the port forwarding. I know there are apps for that. Ive read that its possible natively setting up proxy on network settings, but havent tried it.
This is a old thread but maybe you should try things before you post wrong information.

Most vpn you share a IP with many other users. That tends to be the primary function of a VPN for most people. There is no APP that will let you make port forwarding rules in the VPN providers router. It is exactly the same problem as you started with, there is a router in the path doing NAT you have no control over.

Now there are some vpn providers you can pay a extra monthly fee to get a fixed public IP address. The ones I saw were not very cheap. In addition he is using a PS4 which may limit the choice of vpn provider

Status
Not open for further replies.