Android Tablet Wi-Fi Authentication Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanVogel1

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I have a new Android Tablet, it seems to work okay, but I keep getting "Authentication Problem" when I try to log into the WiFi. I don't have any problems with my laptop or Kindle.

How do I fix this? Is this a common problem?

Thank you.

Solution
Hi Guys, I have had a similar problem with my kindle fire. Even though I put in the correct wifi password, it gives me authentication failed on connect. Assuming that you are putting in the proper password for your wifi, here is how you can reconnect or connect to your wireless.

1) log into your wireless router via the computer using it's device IP address. It is probably written on the back of your router. I.e. for time warner cable the address is "192.168.0.1". A Lynksis router is "192.168.1.1". If you are not sure of the ip address search google for " [name of your router] router admin ip address". To log into your device simply type the ip address in a web browser.

2) make sure wireless security mode setting is set to...

rissryker

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I, too, have an Android that says the same exact thing. I'm starting to think I made a big mistake in getting this kind of tablet. I tried EVERYTHING. I called my wifi carrier (Time Warner Cable) and even had them walk me through the process of connecting, but no luck. Still says Authenticating Problem. Yet, my sons laptop can connect. So I'm starting to think that maybe it's the tablet itself that is the problem. I am DETERMINED to get this tablet connected, though, and when I find the solution, I will come on here and tell all..

leahm

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

Did you ever figure it out?

Matt Sanchez

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Guys, I have had a similar problem with my kindle fire. Even though I put in the correct wifi password, it gives me authentication failed on connect. Assuming that you are putting in the proper password for your wifi, here is how you can reconnect or connect to your wireless.

1) log into your wireless router via the computer using it's device IP address. It is probably written on the back of your router. I.e. for time warner cable the address is "192.168.0.1". A Lynksis router is "192.168.1.1". If you are not sure of the ip address search google for " [name of your router] router admin ip address". To log into your device simply type the ip address in a web browser.

2) make sure wireless security mode setting is set to "wpa/wpa2-psk"

3) If it's not, set it to that setting and click apply

If it's set to wpa/wpa2-psk then it's probably a hardware issue with your router. A hackerish way to get around this is to select WPA, hit apply, and then reset to wpa-wpa2.

Your problems should be fixed from here.

Solution

dn89

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Settings, Apps, All, Clear data in google services framework and restart. Before all of this forgrt the network and whrn it loads back up reput wifi pw and wala

34marlee

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

liloc

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014

Chaityana Joshi

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
For fixing authentication problem first u must see that you have entered the right password . Actually u have to enter the network key.! :)
1.Go to wireless connection and search for network key..thats the password..which you will use to use your wifi from ur phone,mobile etc

ray83

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

ray83

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
hi, try downloading a wifi manager (2.8.2 1.34 MB) try changing the password in the manager by re-entering the password... hope this works for you... it worked for me... glad to share since i know what it's like to have this prob.

Rene Bruno

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

Neheu

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
I have done that by doing simple steps, may be it helps you too..
>> turn off WiFi
>>Switch Airplane Mode on
>>now reconnect WiFi
>>and you will see it connected normally..

Here you go., Don't forget to off Airplane Mode :)

khaled yassin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

it's simple man just start a new wireless connection and make sure to name it the same to the network name that you get from your router
i.e the network from the router is ''Glory'' , you should name the new wireless connection ''Glory'' Not ''glory''
sure you should put the same password....etc
good luck

Ninjhetto

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
"Settings, Apps, All, Clear data in google services framework and restart. Before all of this forgrt the network and whrn it loads back up reput wifi pw and wala"

dn89, it WORKED!!!

jeserna

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

shiffy24

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
Hi,

I had the same issue on ma samsung S4, after ling time found a solution for my device.what i did was,

open the router page in the PC, log in then do the following steps,

1, Wireless
2, MAC filter
3, Mac restrict mode - if its in 'on mode' turn it off

then connect the phone, hopefully it should work..

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.