Annisman's Hardware Giveaway - * New winner of the SSD announced!*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crowheart27us

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Im interested in the x-fi personally. i do have a free pci slot. i primarily game and rip/watch movies on this rig. currently this is my setup.
Antec 900
q6600 2.4@3Ghz
2x2 GB G.Skill ddr2 pc6400 800Mhz ram
AsRock Penryn 1600sli-110dB motherboard
Using the onboard sound(hopefully not for long hint,hint)
XFX gtx 260 core 216
500GB seagate barracuda and 320GB hitachi deskstar HDs
2 x19"(1440x900) monitors hp and dell
700w psu
LG blu-ray/hd dvd drive
multicard reader
logitech x-530 5.1 speakers
usb tv tuner
thanks for considering my rig for the card.
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Y%2FhLISduVV4RUXVck2riiIh4l5k2TGxc

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Whether you end up getting it or not, that is a great looking pc!

Love the Antec 900, just love it.

mi1ez

Splendid
Would love to win GRID

Favourite games though... tricky... how new or old do I go...

1) Portal
2) Link's Awakening (That was the zelda on the original gameboy)
3) Audiosurf

That was missions. There are so many SNES and Gameboy games I could've put, not to mention some of the indie title from the last couple of years!

Merry Christmas all!

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

Jesus H. Christ, I see so many disasters waiting to happen!

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Anyway, GJ Annisman we are proud of you. Hopefully I will be able to do the same soon.

BTW that SSD is a hell of a deal, real nice. I hope someone stuck on Vista gets it...

This is a great idea for the holiday season and I commend your giving spirit!

I would like to enter for a Steam Game :D
My brother keeps going on about how awesome Mirror's Edge is so I might as well give it a shot!

My top three games of all time?

1) Tie Fighter
2) Homeworld Series (I know, not a single game but I loved them all!)
3) MW2 (MechWarrior 2 :p)

Best luck to all, hopefully that hardware finds a deserving home!

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Annisman - I should start by saying, dude, nice too see someone helping out others! We should have more people like you.

I`m in South Africa where the hardware goodies like a SSD is so expensive I could buy a basic PC for that kind of money. Needless to say, thats what i`d go for! a SSD bootdrive 32GB for me is plenty and then I could relief my little 80GB ata job for some music storage...

Cheers Folk

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I would like to throw my hat in for the SSD. I have been wanting to revamp my old media canter that I built in 2008 from a bunch of parts I had siiting around, but since loosing my job at the beginning of the year it has impossible to justify any upgrade for anything. The old system chuggs along with Vista and I would really like to have an SSD as a boot drive and use the other drive that is in it as a storage drive. I had to do a lot of modifications to the case to make what I had work and stay cool as the case was from 2005. It works pretty good but the current hard drive is just too slow with the os that is installed. Pictures are below:

162995198_o.jpg

162992865_o.jpg

162994517_o.jpg

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I just wanted to say I think this is a neat thread and I hope the 4 winners are happy with their gifts. I honestly don't need any of the hardware (yes, I'm lucky!) and I have way too many games on Steam that I really haven't played very much. Best of luck to everyone!

But I still want to say my 3 favorite games of all time...

Tie Fighter
Hearts of Iron 2
Ultima 7 Part 2

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
It is awesome to see such contributors in these kinds of communities (and rare).
Dont need any of the hardware my self but am inspired by such actions

Wow, glad to see so many votes for Tie Fighter as favorite game. I would have to go with that too as my favorite. Just finished replaying it too (hard w/o cheats), so I can confirm it really is awesome, even today, and it is not just our memories making it seem better than it was.

Best of luck to all who are entering.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
This post is for the Super Talent 32GB Ultra Drive Me SSD

It would fit perfectly into her new rig... and would likely be for WOW and EQ2, possible boot drive as well.

*EDIT* I really hope my girlfriend doesn't post in here trying to win the sound card for me, LOL, that would spoil christmas for the both of us! HAHA! Happy Holidays everyone!

I currently have a decent rig (check my signature), so i am not in need of it myself, but i am in the middle of building my girlfriend a hot-pink computer for Christmas, i finally got her to start gaming, so i feel i owe her a decent rig, besides, it'll stop her from hogging my rig all the time. the items i am currently using for her build are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate - OEM

CPU/Processor: Intel E8400 3.0Ghz CPU

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply with one 6-pin PCI-E x16 connector

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

DVD: LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech

Case/Tower: RAIDMAX O² ATX-302KP Pink Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

RogerDeath

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I guess I'll take a shot at getting that SSD. I've got an old ~200GB SATA drive I've been using for about three years now, and I've also got a slavaged 40GB one (came from a police computer my dad ripped apart for the department, was in a Gateway). I can guarentee that I would use this SSD as a W7 container, maybe put FireFox and a few other small things on there (like the Adobe stuff every computer needs).

cyrax

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
I'd like to enter for the sound card.
My onboard Realtek doesn't play well in Windows 7 with certain apps.

grajasekar

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I'd like to take a shot at the soundcard.

I do have a PCI card slot free since I'm using only one PCI-e slot for my graphics card, no money to get an SLI motherboard or a 2nd card lol. Never ever had a proper sound card in my life. Always satisfied myself with onboard audio (like I'm doing now since i don't have any other go). Why would I like this card? Well, I have plenty of HD movies on my drive and on an external drive. I don't have any 5.1 audio system at home either. So the PC is pretty much the pinnacle of my audio experience. And this card would spruce it up a lot. Might finally be able to justify upgrading to better speakers or a proper headphone if I could get this sound card. An X-fi in the $100+ range is certainly not something I could afford. Besides I'm a keyboardist (as hobby I've pursued for the past 10 years or so) and sound and music are very important to me.

Merry Christmas well in advance to everyone and good luck everybody.

And its very nice of you to give away all this stuff for free, no matter who wins it, I think you deserve a special round of applause.

My 3 year old PC's configuration is here:

Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz
4gb RAM
MSI P35 Neo-F motherboard (yes, Im using onboard sound)
250gb Western Digital HDD
ASUS 8800GTX
Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers
Viewsonic 19 inch monitor

I have my exams going on now, and I'll try and post a picture of my PC once they're over.

foobajooba

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I'm entering for the Super Talent 32GB Ultra Drive Me SSD

Here's my story:

I'm a 22 year old student at the University of Central Florida. I've just recently applied to the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA) which is a UCF accredited graduate school for game design! ( check it out: http://www.fiea.ucf.edu )

Anywho, as a graduation/Christmas present my parents obliged to pay for a new PC in an attempt to aid my efforts in the Interactive Entertainment industry.

I put together this beauty not too long ago:

11buqrq.jpg

Much to my dismay however, the sparkling new 7200.12 HDD was DOA!! Like yourself, I just sent it in for RMA and am now left HDD-less for the holidays!

This is my first build, and I am rather distraught not having it go smoothly. If I were to get your SSD I would surely use it as a boot drive and bask in its high speed.

Thanks for the great opportunity and good luck to everyone! Happy Holidays :)

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Guys I need to point out that you can only enter for one item, not for 'either this one or that one' just one, please edit your posts to reflect that so that I can keep you in contention for one of the prizes, thank you.

randomizer

Champion

I edited the OP to make that more clear ;)

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Hello, I would like to have the 4gb of G skill ram. That is because I am currently building a new computer for my dad and really would like to get more Ram for him so he can run Windows 7. Since my computer sees only 3gb of ram i was thinking of givin him the 1 gb so he will have 1 gb. SO PLEASE help me out.

What you are doing is amazing. :)

elite310

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
hey, i would like the SSD because i need more space and faster load times. It takes about 2 minutes for my boot up because of all the stuff i have. I have 1 filled 160gb western digital 7200rpm hard drive which is OVERLOADED.

Plz help me out!