[SOLVED] Annoying Buzzing Sound

Mar 9, 2022
Hi!

I recently built this PC in November of last year and always noticed this buzzing sound. It never really bothered me as I thought it was just coil whine and only happened during intense games. Now it’s insanely loud and just idle, also tried to listen and doesn’t sound like it’s coming from my GPU or PSU, so I figured it wasn’t coil whine. I attached a video, hopefully you can hear it as well as I can. Seems like it’s coming from between my CPU and Ram..

specs:
ASUS B550F
Ryzen 7 3700x
ASUS 3070 KO
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
ASUS 750W psu
1TB inland m.2
1 TB WD blue
120gb SSD

Hopefully someone has a idea :)
Thanks

Solution
sounds to me like its the coolant pump on the processor, i would keep tabs on the noise level and temps. run some tests and see if you raise the temps if the pump gets louder or not.

is that a sealed AIO unit? if it is, try laying your pc on its side for a couple minutes while running. i found with my old corsair h110i id have to do so about every week or so. i figured it was a small evaporated air bubble/ air lock around /in the coolant pump. laying the pc on its side made the whine go away temporarily. moving the air bubble into the rad. i eventually saved and upgraded my whole pc eliminating the AIO cooler all together.

this article states some pointers you could try...

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
sounds to me like its the coolant pump on the processor, i would keep tabs on the noise level and temps. run some tests and see if you raise the temps if the pump gets louder or not.

is that a sealed AIO unit? if it is, try laying your pc on its side for a couple minutes while running. i found with my old corsair h110i id have to do so about every week or so. i figured it was a small evaporated air bubble/ air lock around /in the coolant pump. laying the pc on its side made the whine go away temporarily. moving the air bubble into the rad. i eventually saved and upgraded my whole pc eliminating the AIO cooler all together.

this article states some pointers you could try.. https://www.argusmonitor.com/the_ul...nd bubbling will,to lubricate the pump itself.

Solution