Question Annoying setting in bios (Trusted Platform Module)

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
Hello friends. First, let me write about the system I have.
motherboard: intel dq77cp
CPU: 1220v2
Ram: 32gb 1600mhz
Bios version : 0049 - 07/24/2012

So let me move on to my question.
Now friends, there is a very strange problem. I don't know if this is actually a problem or if I just see it as a problem. Formatting or windows cannot be started without disabling the "Trusted Platform Module" setting in the "configuration/onboard devices" settings in the BIOS. This setting is automatically enabled even when I turn the computer off and on or restart it.
Frankly, I don't want to throw bios. Because I am using xeon 1220v2 CPU and if the bios I downloaded does not support my CPU, I cannot get an image this time. I think this problem is either a bios error or you need to turn off another setting when turning off this setting in the bios. But I tried as many different combinations as I could. No matter what I did, I couldn't turn it off permanently. Is there any chance I can solve this problem without using an option such as flashing the BIOS?
Thank you everyone in advance.

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
Yes, you understood correctly. This is exactly what I want to say.

Let me explain the situation this way.
When I want to install and use any Windows 7-8.1-10-11, these are the things I need to do;
1-) enter bios
2-) Set "Trusted Platform Module" to disabled
3-) save bios and start windows format
4-) During the first reboot during the formatting phase, enter the BIOS again and disable the "Trusted Platform Module" again.
5-) Windows installation continues and Windows opens.
6-) From now on, before doing any action such as restarting or shutting down, I must first enter the BIOS and disable the "Trusted Platform Module".

So what happens if the "Trusted Platform Module" remains enabled?
Windows gets stuck on the logo when opening. It neither gives a blue screen nor continues. The circle rotates endlessly. However, if I go into BIOS and disable "Trusted Platform Module", Windows opens.

What I don't understand here is why even though I saved the bios "Trusted Platform Module" as disabled, it turns it back on as enabled.
note: bios battery is healthy. My other settings in bios remain. no problem.