SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
Anyone out there have one of those Antec 830SX cases? After exhaustive research, I've found nothing else that seems to be under $100 and this high-quality. It even comes with a PSU (which also seems to be high-quality). Anyone care to comment on it?

-SammyBoy

Without Evil, there can be no Good. Therefore, without an Intel, there can be no AMD.

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I use that case for my main system. I used to replace an old Iwin S500. Very rugged case, nicely made. Only gripe was with the floppy. Since the slot for the floppy is molded in, it took a few tries to pick the right slot on the rails to get it aligned right.

I love the fan hookup behind the harddrive cage too. Although, even with just the two stock 80mm fans in the back, I can feel a lot of pull of air through the front vents.

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe you can consider the Antec sx1030. I have an Antec sx1030 and I like it a lot. It is larger than the Antec SX 830 so you will have more room for expansion. I get it about two month ago for $97.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Right now I'm drawn to both the SX830 and the SX1030, but does anyone know if there are other similar cases to choose from, or are these the ones to pick? Is the powersupply any good?

<font color=red>Amd or Intel? Who cares?? Not me...</font color=red>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think SX830 and the SX1030 have same power supply since they are from the same company and have same wattage. Before I buy the case I did read some posts from owner of the case at anandtech.com. Most post say the power supply is good and I did not have any problem with the power supply with my Duron.