Question antec case fans not recognized

MattDA

Prominent
Oct 5, 2020
hey guys, first question here :D
i have an antec nx800 case and asus strix x570-f gaming motherboard
my problem is: the case fans aren't recognized by any software on the PC (bios included) so the speed is uncontrollable and so is the ARGB (the ARGB is working properly but doesn't sync with the motherboard, it's only controllable from the designated button on the case itself although the controller is properly connected to the 3pin rgb header)
anyone encountered said problam? any idea how to solve it?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The "RGB lighting" symbol is strange - typically this would state which software it's compatible with:
nx800-pdt03.png

Like this:
module_02.png

HOWEVER, this is an "OR" in there - so I read that to be: you could either use the fan controller & front panel LED sync button OR software control, wired directly to the motherboard.

Given it's still controllable from the front panel button, I suspect you'd have to rewire, removing the fan controller (at least for the RGB component) to have software control..... but I'm just speculating, it's not exactly clear.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
From the website for that case if you click DOWNLOAD and then choose OUTLINE, you get this instruction sheet for the fan/ARGB light Hub

https://antec.com/documents/product/case-NX800_Control_190816_OUTLINE.pdf

Note the three items at the bottom for how to use the case's LED control button to manually set the light display, OR to turn control over to the mobo ARGB header (needs a connection from board port 1 to the mobo header using a cable supplied) , OR to return to manual settings, OR to turn off lights and turn them back on.

Regarding fan motor speeds, unfortunately the website has NO info! The Hub unit does not appear to have any way for input of mobo fan controls, nor any way for manual setting of fan speeds. Weird! Maybe Antec Tech Support can tell you how.

Last edited:

MattDA

Prominent
Oct 5, 2020
so, it turns out it's not as they say
it's one blink for sync, two for off and clicks to circle around the preconfigured settings of the fans