Antec Cube Mini ITX Case Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Im so happy I sopped buying anything Antec years ago. This is one of the reasons, the price. I still cant believe they still sell the Antec 900 for $100 and its a 10 year old case.

Antec has declined a lot IMO since the past. They used to be huge in the PSU game, too, but they've slowly been overshadowed.

decembermouse

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I agree with other commenters. Too big, far too expensive for what it offers. The whole point of mITX is to go small. Minimalism. You don't plan to use two GPUs? Then might as well build a smaller computer and waste less space, generate less noise, makes it easier to transport or disassemble if needed too. Big mITX cases defeat those purposes to an extent.

Antec, I wish you'd just make a modern mITX Skeleton case. Now that would get me excited.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Thermaltake Core V1 Extreme is better than this. It is odd to see both a front and rear case fan used unless you plan on using a small radiator for the CPU for water cooling block.

Uniblab

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[/quote]KUNRA ZETHER 4 days ago
I'm confused. I think they designed this case to sell on just the name alone. The price tag is ludicrous. Razor needs to stop this now because it's alienating their "fan base" and gamers in general. I actually think it's an attractive case and a good design but that price tag just kills it and you don't even get front case fans with it. They need to be careful who they let slap their branding on their products, eventually they are going to destroy their brand.[/qoute]

Just a lil funny pun, fan base for a case with a lack of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.