TheCornerCustoms

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. :) I've read through some threads and everyone seems very knowledgeable about a wide range of topics. I have a quick question about the new Antec cases shown at CES. I am interested in the DF-85 full tower case. The only info I can find about it pertains to the drive bays being hot swappable and how many fans it has. What I want to know is the number of expansion slots and how deep the case is. I'm mainly wondering if it will fit Extended ATX boards. Of'course with 14 drive bays one would hope so to accommodate a motherboard with plenty of SATA ports. Antec keeps focusing drive bays but no really the back half of the case. Will it have more room than the 1200 model? If anyone has any links or information it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :wahoo:

TheCornerCustoms

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I understand they don't come out until next month or so, but I figured some more technical info may have leaked out somewhere. I hope Antec took the room inside the cases and used it more wisely this time around. The 1200 is a full tower and doesn't support E-ATX and can barely cram a 5970 Radeon in there. :( Oh well, so it goes. Thanks for the input though.

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Hi TheCornerCustoms!

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the DF-85 yet but hopefully I will see it soon. As for the info, there will be 7 expansion slots and it supports Mini-ITX, microATX, and Standard ATX motherboards. The dimensions are 23.5” (H) x 8.4” (W) x 19.9” (D) and the maximum video card size is 12.5".

I personally can't wait till get my hands on it. Please let me know if you have any addition questions.

Regards,
Antec

TheCornerCustoms

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Wow thank you for the information, this is exactly what I was looking for! It does look nice indeed and I may have to get my hands on one shortly after it is released. I truly appreciated the help as I've been searching for over a week to find this out. :)