Antec LanBoy Case is Made for Super Air Cooling

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob0808

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Everyone seems to be talking a lot of crap about this case without truly knowing anything. I have this case. Temps are great. All the fans intake forcing all exhaust through the mesh panels. there are no problems with bumping into fans or anything like that. The dust issue that everyone brings up I have not owned it long enough to have a say about dust build up. I have been generally satisfied with the case, ugly as it may be.

PandaJohn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
A lot of people on here are knocking the case without having ever tried it.

I own the case, and the manual tells you to have all the fans on the case pushing air INWARD, which in fact creates positive pressure and pushes air out at various mesh exits on the case.

Believe me, it works. I overclock my i5-2500k to 4.9Ghz and I can still keep the fans at low. I just installed two extra fans to push a little more air out of the CPU cooler (I use a Corsair H50).

Believe me, this case is the real deal. Look at Newegg reviews from certified buyers---they all report drastically lower temperatures with this case even with the 5 base fans, some as much as 10C or more drops.

PandaJohn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
[citation][nom]treefrog07[/nom]Looks like newegg is only selling the yellow version - no blue or red. I wonder why ther's no green version. It's 20 pounds; seems heavy for a mesh-enclosed case.[/citation]

They are selling the blue version as well. It's 20 pounds for the entire package, not the case itself! The case itself is actually really light, since the mesh is made out of durable plastic, and only the frame is metal.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I always thought Antec was lost when it comes to building the perfect case..Mind you there were close with the Antec 900 but still the side window needed a better design...So after i bought my 900 i redone the side panel and open the hole side up and installed a new window...If Antec would have done this id would have considered the 900 to be a perfect case..

Status
Not open for further replies.