Antec or CORSAIR 750w

Solution
It's a toss up between the HCG and TX V2. They're both very similar in stability and quality (I think they're both made by seasonic).

Iirc the HCG has high stability on its rails while the TX V2 has better efficiency.
Toss a coin and pick one. Both are high quality units and can do what you plan to do with em!

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
It's a toss up between the HCG and TX V2. They're both very similar in stability and quality (I think they're both made by seasonic).

Iirc the HCG has high stability on its rails while the TX V2 has better efficiency.
Toss a coin and pick one. Both are high quality units and can do what you plan to do with em!

Solution

Neither of them are made by SEasonic, but they are both good and have same warranty.

The Corsair is Channel Well and the Antec is Delta made. The XFX above is made by SEasonic.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009

I was under the impression the TX V1 is CWT while the V2 is Seasonic based.

Needless to say, all 3 units are excellent. I would look more into their warranty and price and looks if i were the op and decide which one is more appealing.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I don't know dude. I'm so sick of Corsairs version 1 and 2 crap. Why can't they just make a good power supply from the start??

It's ridiculous the CX series some of them (v1) weren't even 80+ certified and only have 2yr warranty, then within a month of the v1 coming out, they release a v2 that is 80+ certified and has a 3yr warranty.

Now I'm findout out that v1 and v2 have different makers?? What a joke. Why would you release a psu that's such junk, that you have to come out with v2's within a month of releasing v1?

Corsair has really taken a nosedive and I no longer recommend them.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I just went though the same thing proboss is going through, which psu to buy. Corsair wanted way too much for their gold certified semi modular power supplies and Seasonic prices have been coming down. I ponied up for the X750 Gold fully modular $153.00 after promo code. More than I wanted to pay at the time but I really wanted gold certified and full modular.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087&Tpk=seasonic%20x750

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Corsair's original TX line has been out for 3 + years and it was one of the best of its day. The version 2's were high quality updates to the line. These ARE good power supplies, the CX v1's were the crap ones (i liked the VX way better).

If you're going to just say you don't recommend them because of that then I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.