Antivirus Vendors React To The CIA 'Vault 7' Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky36566666

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
All the AV vendors have no choice but to spin this revealing leak of how easily the majority are bypassed to some extent. The CIA reports are a direct condemnation of their products value proposition as promoted in the marketing materials. For them to point out the "good" parts about their products within the CIA reports which is a document explaining how to they are all exploitable is the definition of a pollyanna.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
these are internal memos and not official public records. big difference. this is how people talk to one another so it's not exactly odd that informal internal memos would reflect that.

only stuff that is for public consumption gets the royal treatment of pr guys making sure it's a full on dog and pony show. no time for that in day to day operations :) you'd be surprised how candid meetings and such are when no one is watching. think even trump would be stupid enough to say what he did about "grabbing women by the *****" if he knew the public would be listening?? not even he is that stupid to "officially" say such things.

ddelrio

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Amusing that they called Comodo users "paranoid", when, in fact, it sounds like the precautions they took were valid.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I agree with the CEO of Fsecure Mikko Hyppönen who said that its not the world collapsing in on itself,its going to happen,if law enforcement cant knock on your door if they want you they are going to make their own way in your house. Its better they do this than make a public spectacle of making a backdoor.But still all this is from Wikileaks so I take all of it with a artery clogging dose of salt :(

BTW Mr.Armasu, I genuinely thank you for not injecting a lot of your opinions in this news article, I found it a pleasant and informative read.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i do agree that i don't mind the cia hacking in. that's the way the game is supposed to be played. i don't like when they try to mandate the backdoors into place.

but if they put the effort in and get in themselves, well not much we can do about it that.

poochiepiano

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah, I figured it was internal stuff, but even within my company, internal e-mails and communications usually contain relatively professional language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS