Any advice appreciated on new build before I buy £1500!?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 8, 2018
I wanted to run my build I am looking to buy past some experts to see if there were any glaring bottlenecks in the system or anything not compatible, I know the gfx isn't as powerful as could be but only planning on playing CSGO / Overwatch in 1080 and streaming / bit of vid editing and I will be overclocking the cpu.

CPU: i7-8700K
GPU: 6gb GTX 1060
Ram: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
SSD: 256gb Samsung PM961 M.2 2800mb/r
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming (using onboard sound)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
PSU: Corsair VS-550
Cooling: H100i v2
Case: Coolermaster Masterbox 5t

£1455 for the tower.

Monitor: Benq XL2540
Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Cheers for any advice! :)

Apr 8, 2018

cheers for the input, will consider, but probably not use gsync still so thats why I don't want to pay extra for this (i know a number of people that have and dont like and I trust their verdicts) but do like the 180hz, i could of got the monitor for 240 today so it was cheap at maplin but got tied up at work so i can consider other options anyway now as they have closed!

I want the senn for comfort and sound quality, i have tested a number of hs over the years and they far exceed imo and I want another set but analogue this time ;O

The only reason one do not use gysync is because of is price being too high or the purpose being non gaming. If this was a non gaming build then I would have agreed with you on not going for g-sync and instead getting suitable monitor for gaming. This being gaming build and having enough budget to afford a g-sync monitor I strongly recommend G-Sync as it makes the games run smooth without distortion or tearing. That is the main reason people with high budget plan on getting G-Sync or Free-Sync monitor if possible as they prefer playing games as smoothly as possible.

End of the day you have to make decision of what you want. This was just input and my personal preference and reasoning to choose the G-Sync monitor if possible.

You can choose anything you like as different people have different tastes and preferences. Sennheiser is undoubtedly good.

Apr 8, 2018

Yes I appreciate it, thank you :) I will look into the gsync stuff more, but it is gamers I know who don't use and have kept turned off so thats only reason i have overlooked it when i briefly looked into it already.