Any advice or tips for bettering my Rig.

SGT PODDY

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I've asked before about improvements to my Gaming Rig, the general consensus being upgrading my RAM and CPU. I was just wondering if there are any more improvements to be made, because at the moment within games I get heavy fps drop, lag and stuttering. My specs are the following :

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-4100
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX V2 (AM3R2)
Graphics
HDTV (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ZOTAC International)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

Solution

Yes, that will make a huge improvement.
A processor and motherboard like mine would be a slightly better slightly more expensive option.
Reason I wondered about a...

lodders

Admirable
Your PC is like putting a ferrari engine on a skateboard. The GPU belongs in a good high quality PC, but the CPU and motherboard are bargain basement stuff.

Your best bet may be getting an entirely new computer to put your Graphics card into

SGT PODDY

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

I was thinking about getting this motherboard : ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
and this CPU : Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Would these be better suited? Also is my CPU and Motherboard really holding my GPU back that badly, I didn't know. So will my quality and performance greatly increase?

lodders

Admirable

Yes, that will make a huge improvement.
A processor and motherboard like mine would be a slightly better slightly more expensive option.
Reason I wondered about a new PC is that you need more memory, and your power supply may belong in a budget machine too... and so you might be better off taking the GPU out your old computer and selling the PC on ebay, then building a new good quality PC to match your GPU

Solution

SGT PODDY

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

I might , I paid a lot for the PC with a low grade graphics card ,AMD Radeon HD6670 2GB. I don't know how much I'll get for it on eBay?