[SOLVED] Any best value gpu paired with ryzen 5 3500x for 1080p?

lawrenzrat

Commendable
Jul 13, 2020
Hi everyone, good day.

I'm wondering on what best value gpu can be paired with my r5 3500x for 1080p gaming?
I already the cpu and have a 24" 144hz monitor. Also not planning to upgrade the cpu for the next 1 year... (probably)

I play e.sports titles like Valorant, Dota2, LoL. PUBG, Squad(...is this a esport game right? haha), Call of duty: warzone...
I also want to play Subnautica, Subnautica below zero, Call of duty: world war II, Modern warfare, Company of Heroes 2, Farcry: 5, new dawn, and Primal, and metro: 2033 redux, last light, and Exodus.... I might actually have more games in mind hahaha 😅

Last edited:
Solution
ohh i see thanks :D ... how bout on the new gen GPUs like ampere or rdna2? i've watch a vid about the RTX 3050/3050ti, 3060/3060ti and the upcoming AMD navi 22 for the midrange, do you think there will be a good/great match with this cpu on those upcoming GPUs? i'll probably increase my budget and buy next year around late q2 or middle q3.....
It’s impossible to recommend something that hasn’t been released and there are no reviews. Also with all the gpu supply issues who knows when you will actually be able to get one. It looks like the supply issues on the 3080 & 3090 are going to last at least 4-6 months after initial launch.

They are definitely interesting options. If you are not buying until Q2-Q3 then best to ask this...
Hi everyone, good day.

I'm wondering on what best value gpu can be paired with my r5 3500x for 1080p gaming?
I already the cpu and have a 24" 144hz monitor. Also not planning to upgrade the cpu for then next 1 year... (probably)

I play e.sports titles like Valorant, Dota2, LoL. PUBG, Squad(...is this a esport game right? haha), Call of duty: warzone...
I also want to play Subnautica, Subnautica below zero, Call of duty: world war II, Modern warfare, Company of Heroes 2, Farcry: 5, new dawn, and Primal, and metro: 2033 redux, last light, and Exodus.... I might actually have more games in mind hahaha 😅
1660 super

lawrenzrat

Commendable
Jul 13, 2020
1660 super

ohh i see thanks :D ... how bout on the new gen GPUs like ampere or rdna2? i've watch a vid about the RTX 3050/3050ti, 3060/3060ti and the upcoming AMD navi 22 for the midrange, do you think there will be a good/great match with this cpu on those upcoming GPUs? i'll probably increase my budget and buy next year around late q2 or middle q3.....

It’s impossible to recommend something that hasn’t been released and there are no reviews. Also with all the gpu supply issues who knows when you will actually be able to get one. It looks like the supply issues on the 3080 & 3090 are going to last at least 4-6 months after initial launch.

They are definitely interesting options. If you are not buying until Q2-Q3 then best to ask this question then.

Solution

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
I would wait till mid 2021 and see what the offerings are then. I tried to get a 3070 and failed, pre ordered one on the promise of getting it mid November, still waiting! I've heard rumours of a 3060 with double the memory of the 3070 and a 3050 again with more memory and the performance of a 2080! Amd have just launched their new gpu that showed Nvidia now have the same competition that intel have. For the love of God don't make the same mistake I did rushing into it and left feeling like a proper c**t.