Question Any CPUs for Windows 11 on P6X58D-E motherboard?

gabbagabbahey

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
For 14 years I've been running an Intel Core i7 950 Bloomfield 3.07GHz (LGA1366) on an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard. It's not overclocked, just XMP Profile, QPI/DRAM Core Voltage = 1.4v amd DRAM Bus Voltage = 1.65v for the 12gb ram to operate at 1600Mhz - the Noctua NH-D9L fan keeps things cool. I have no issues whatsoever with this machine, and can do all the work I need with it, even play some modern games that are heavily dependent on GPU as I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super.

Unfortunately, Microsoft deems my CPU not suitable to run Windows 11, and security support for Windows 10 ends in October 2025. I really don't feel like upgrading my machine.

My question is: which Xeon CPUs will work on the P6X58D-E motherboard? I read about the W3690 and the X5690, but it doesn't look like Windows 11 works on those either.

PS: I would NOT be modding the bios or overclocking a Xeon either, so multipliers and overclock room mean little to me. Frankly I just need to check if *any* of those Xeon CPUs can run Windows 11 from this list which seems unlikely.

Lutfij

Titan
My question is: which Xeon CPUs will work on the P6X58D-E motherboard? I read about the W3690 and the X5690, but it doesn't look like Windows 11 works on those either.
You need to retire the platform, that's the bottom line, regardless of what you drop onto your motherboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1264703394...zmqq9OOCmVqFIDCNayX5ZAcWzAoLo0XRoCZw0QAvD_BwE
My question is: which Xeon CPUs will work on the P6X58D-E motherboard?

A Xeon x5680 is just slightly under the X 5690 or the W3690 and more likely will be ok with your BIOS.

As far as Windows 11 officially on the support page for these CPU's not gonna ever happen.

But using rufus to build your installer from your official ISO from Microsoft it does install and work great.

Once you tell rufus to remove the TPM requirements Windows 11 installs like a brand new PC.

Reactions: CompuTronix