Question Any cure for good keyboard that generates extra keystrokes when idle?

hobkirk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I like the KB but after it has been plugged in for 30-60 minutes, it will seemingly generate extra keystrokes.
  • I HAVE dismantled, cleaned, inspected it, and downloaded the newest drivers from GSkill. I have clicked "RESET" in the program.
  • I HAVE NOT identified exactly what the keystrokes are (there is a variety) nor tried to time the interval between them (varies quite a bit) - but I will if someone offers a reason that would be useful.
  • I HAVE NOT tried connecting only one of the two USB cables
Details
  • G.Skills Ripsjaws KM780 MX - mechanical, brown, it worked fine for over a year
  • I was at the forefront of PC tech, but that was 40 years ago. Now I am just an old duffer. I don't game.
THANKS

hobkirk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I have not used the pass through USB port in the keyboard. Until I read your question, I had not realized that one of the USB connectors was for "pass through" - I thought both were for the keyboard (part of improving response time).
My next test will only have one cable plugged into the PC.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Unplug the key board and hook another one up ,,,, for about 30 to 60 see if it does the same behavior ,,, then if not you know your keys have a bug in them ,,, this also will reset the keyboard software if you are not using like a gskill installed software if you are uninstalled that or just shut the process off for a while see if it helps

hobkirk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I unplugged the second USB and the KB did not seem to generate any keystrokes for 12 hours -
  • I think it generated keystrokes intermingled with things I was typing - 3, f, s,!, space, 2
  • and then shortly 7, B, K
  • 6 hours later it seemed to generate several F11 keystrokes
Yes, I downloaded and installed the very newest G Skills software.