Mar 9, 2020
Ok, working with: [first self built ever, been through a few upgrades]

Msi z270 a pro 1152 mobo

Gtx 1060 6gs

16gs ddr4 ram [2400 speed]

i5 7500 cpu

Windows 10

Now:
Been planning on upgrading to a i7 9700k, and an RTX 2060 or 70.

Noticed yesterday that when playing PUBG, fan is racing, and CPU is at 100%
Wtf.
I noticed less performance the last few months for some reason. Maybe I need to clean out the pc, check things software wise.
Anyway, as im cleaning inside, I take out the stock fan for the cpu to check the thermal past. Its been several years.
Looks ok, clean them anyway and reapply new paste.

Then I can't get the stock cooler on.
Plastic hooks at the bottom wont close in, even when using a tool to squeeze them.
Ok, shitty old plastic is done, and local best buy has a liquid cooler, and no stock fans. Fine, I'm gonna get a k in the future, so why not.

I got a Masterliquid ml120 rgb.
I'm in the middle of installing it, and just want to make sure its ok to liquid cool a 7500.
I have zero plans to overclock it, and I know I will have to dissamble and reassemble for the new CPU.
Too bad for me, I just want it back up and running, I use my PC for many things besides gaming.

I just wanna know if it's going to have any negatives, a non k being liquid cooled.

Solution
Quad core cpu, you'll probably notice it running at 100% very often, in most newer titles.

I see no issue using a liquid cooler. Should keep it very cool, especially compared to the stock heatsink. I run on a non k chip liquid cooled.

It's a non overclockable chip, so even if you did plan to oc, you wont be able to.

Finish up your install and enjoy your cool temps!

I'd also recommend not getting a k chip, just based on price alone. Unless you find a killer deal, you're looking at near 300 bucks for a k sku i7. At that point I'd just do a core upgrade, cpu/ram/board.
Quad core cpu, you'll probably notice it running at 100% very often, in most newer titles.

I see no issue using a liquid cooler. Should keep it very cool, especially compared to the stock heatsink. I run on a non k chip liquid cooled.

It's a non overclockable chip, so even if you did plan to oc, you wont be able to.

Finish up your install and enjoy your cool temps!

I'd also recommend not getting a k chip, just based on price alone. Unless you find a killer deal, you're looking at near 300 bucks for a k sku i7. At that point I'd just do a core upgrade, cpu/ram/board.

Solution