[SOLVED] Any fast/reliable SATA SSD USB Adapter Recommendations?

Genralkidd

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
I'm looking for a SATA to USB 3.1 Gen 1 (minimum) adapter or enclosure that supports UASP as well. I'll mainly be using this for an external SSD for my Xbox Series X probably so the faster the better. I've been browsing a bunch of enclosures on Amazon but I really don't know which ones to go with. The reviews for a lot of them are all really good but there were some people that apparently had issues with speed, bad controller, disconnects, or lack of UASP altogether. These are the ones I'm currently looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=00F8F0MH9E242CTJNMD5&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Enclo...07D2BHVBD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Are any of them particularly really good or highly recommended for my use case? Or are there other better options you would recommend?

Solution
What sort of a budget are we to go by? You could look at enclosures made by Silverstone since I think you need reliability but for all intents and purposes I'd suggest holding off on using any enclosure for the time being since there will be users of the console to report back on if investing on any enclosure is a good idea.

Lutfij

Titan
What sort of a budget are we to go by? You could look at enclosures made by Silverstone since I think you need reliability but for all intents and purposes I'd suggest holding off on using any enclosure for the time being since there will be users of the console to report back on if investing on any enclosure is a good idea.

Solution

Genralkidd

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013

Ideally I'd prefer to keep it within the $10-25 range but if all the enclosures in that range truly are unreliable or have poor speed, then I'm ok with going a little higher. So far the only adapter I've seen work great is a Sabrent SATA-USB adapter that that Digital Foundry used and got really good results with but it's not actually an enclosure. I'll check out those Silverstone enclosures you mentioned though.