Any game reboots computer

pleds1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Hey guys, so for the past two weeks my computer has been rebooting after starting up any game. Its not a blue screen or anything, just a hard reboot. About a month ago i had another problem of a boot loop that was fixed due to issues with the CPU, but now my computer is fine aside from not be able to play games. Originally, i thought it was the ram, bought new ram and the problem is still the same. Thought maybe the gpu was overheating, adjusted settings to keep it at around 50C, and still did not work. I've been scavenging for answers and I've seen that people with my GPU have similar problems, but havent been able to fix. Also during the problem with my boot loop, i replaced the mobo, ram, and cpu. Here are my specs
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
mobo: gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
ram: team dark 16GB DDR4
gpu: radeon rx 480
PSU: rosewill photon 750W

Solution
Have you considered the possibility of your psu not providing enough power? Because as soon as you load any game, the gpu will draw power from psu and the motherboard, if it can't provide, as an overload to the psu, it's overload protection kicks in and will reboot the system immediately.... Just borrow someone else's psu and try with that..

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012
Have you considered the possibility of your psu not providing enough power? Because as soon as you load any game, the gpu will draw power from psu and the motherboard, if it can't provide, as an overload to the psu, it's overload protection kicks in and will reboot the system immediately.... Just borrow someone else's psu and try with that..

Solution

pleds1

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

hmm ok thanks, yeah looking at these reviews for my power supply, it seems like something of that nature. will try it out, thanks for the reply!