Question Any good power banks out there?

AFarenci

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Every time we have a black out or hurricane warning, I start shopping for a power bank preferably with a solar panel.

My research tells me none of the solar models can be depended on for a decent recharge, and power ratings are dubious at best.

Every time we have a black out or hurricane warning, I start shopping for a power bank preferably with a solar panel.

My research tells me none of the solar models can be depended on for a decent recharge, and power ratings are dubious at best.
Maybe you should share a bit more info...
Like do you want to power your whole house or is it just for your smartphone.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have had a couple and the biggest issue is making sure it can charge your phone/tablet quick enough. some may have a usb-c port but may only provide like 10w. takes forever on a modern phone used to having a 30w charger.

those solar powered ones would be nice except they take multiple days to charge up. and they often have low power ports as well. so takes 10 hours to charge your phone and then 2 days to recharge the battery.

look at the spec sheet very carefully to be sure it does what you think/need it to do. i went with a much larger bank that costs a lot more than many but it know it will charge my phone and tablet 10x over before i have to recharge it. that'll get me through a few days easy while i wait for power to restore. i also have a power inverter for my car so i can recharge it if needed for a longer power outage.

think i did better than a cheaper bank that would drive me mad using.

Reactions: AFarenci