Any good programs to stress my system continuosly to get battery run time?

edo101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
HI, can anyone recommend me programs that I can run on a Windows 11 laptop to see how long it can run on battery for light, moderate, and heavy load? I have an HP Spectre x360 and a Lenovo Yoga 9i and I am trying to decide which one to keep.
The battery life on both is nothing to like. My last laptop is a THinkpad Yoga 370 that came out in 2017 and it's hard to believe that 5 years later, battery life still bad.
Yes both of my laptops I am trying to decide have OLED screen at 3000x2000 and 4k respectively but I would have thought, they managed to do this because battery life would be respectable.
Anyways to not digress any further, I'd love a way to test both laptops and see which one lasts longer so I can return the other one.

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
HI, can anyone recommend me programs that I can run on a Windows 11 laptop to see how long it can run on battery for light, moderate, and heavy load? I have an HP Spectre x360 and a Lenovo Yoga 9i and I am trying to decide which one to keep.
The battery life on both is nothing to like. My last laptop is a THinkpad Yoga 370 that came out in 2017 and it's hard to believe that 5 years later, battery life still bad.
Yes both of my laptops I am trying to decide have OLED screen at 3000x2000 and 4k respectively but I would have thought, they managed to do this because battery life would be respectable.
Anyways to not digress any further, I'd love a way to test both laptops and see which one lasts longer so I can return the other one.
There are several programs that you can use to test the battery life of your laptops on Windows 11. Some options include:
  1. BatteryMon: This is a free battery monitoring tool that allows you to see the current battery capacity, discharge rate, and estimated time remaining for your laptop.
  2. Powercfg: This is a built-in tool in Windows that allows you to view the battery life and performance of your laptop. To access it, go to the Start menu and type "powercfg.exe /batteryreport" in the search box.
  3. HWiNFO: This is a hardware monitoring tool that provides detailed information about your laptop's battery, including the current charge level, maximum capacity, and discharge rate.
  4. PassMark BatteryMon: This is another battery monitoring tool that shows the current charge level, discharge rate, and estimated time remaining for your laptop. It also includes a graphical representation of the battery's performance over time.
To test the battery life of your laptops, you can use any of these programs to run a series of tasks that simulate light, moderate, and heavy workloads. For example, you can use a web browser to browse the internet for a set period of time to simulate light workload, run a video editing software for a set period of time to simulate moderate workload, and run a game or other resource-intensive application to simulate heavy workload. This will give you a good idea of how long each laptop can run on battery under different workloads.

edo101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
There are several programs that you can use to test the battery life of your laptops on Windows 11. Some options include:
  1. BatteryMon: This is a free battery monitoring tool that allows you to see the current battery capacity, discharge rate, and estimated time remaining for your laptop.
  2. Powercfg: This is a built-in tool in Windows that allows you to view the battery life and performance of your laptop. To access it, go to the Start menu and type "powercfg.exe /batteryreport" in the search box.
  3. HWiNFO: This is a hardware monitoring tool that provides detailed information about your laptop's battery, including the current charge level, maximum capacity, and discharge rate.
  4. PassMark BatteryMon: This is another battery monitoring tool that shows the current charge level, discharge rate, and estimated time remaining for your laptop. It also includes a graphical representation of the battery's performance over time.
To test the battery life of your laptops, you can use any of these programs to run a series of tasks that simulate light, moderate, and heavy workloads. For example, you can use a web browser to browse the internet for a set period of time to simulate light workload, run a video editing software for a set period of time to simulate moderate workload, and run a game or other resource-intensive application to simulate heavy workload. This will give you a good idea of how long each laptop can run on battery under different workloads.

Thanks for the write up especially the monitoring tools. But the idea is to run the stress tests without me needing to be there to do the browsing or video editing. I want to start a test then forget about it as I do other things and then come back in like 4 hours and see where the battery life is at.

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks for the write up especially the monitoring tools. But the idea is to run the stress tests without me needing to be there to do the browsing or video editing. I want to start a test then forget about it as I do other things and then come back in like 4 hours and see where the battery life is at.
If you want to run a battery life test without actively using your laptop, you can use a program like Battery Eater Pro. This is a paid stress testing tool that can simulate different workloads on your laptop and measure its battery life. You can use it to run a battery life test while your laptop is idle or while it is running a specific workload, such as browsing the web or playing a game.

To use Battery Eater Pro, you will need to download and install it on your laptop. Then, follow the instructions to run a battery life test. You can specify the type of workload you want to simulate and how long you want the test to run. Once the test is complete, you can view the results to see how long your laptop was able to run on battery.

Keep in mind that the results of a battery life test will depend on the specific hardware and software configurations of your laptop, as well as the specific workload you use. Therefore, it is important to run the test under similar conditions on both laptops to get an accurate comparison of their battery life.